Looking for experienced Nissan Shop Tampa

Discuss topics related to the VH41DE, VH45DE, VK45DE, and VK56DE engines.
JonnyB4Real

That is, one that isnt slammed with projects and could pull a stock motor swap off in ten days.

My Q45 is misfiring on cylinder 6, knock sensor on bank 2, and intake valve timing is off on bank 1 and 2. It also had an exhaust leak so I took it to my muffler shop to have a guy I know look at it and at the very least fix the exhaust leak. Compression test shows cylinder 6 failed at only 100 or so lbs.

I decided to have him just tighten up the exhaust and I would limp the car around for a while cause driving my fiances lease all the time was adding a bit too many miles. After a week of doing this the car smelled stronger and stronger of gas and smoked like a mofo. Gas mileage dropped down to 4mpg and needless to say Ive quit driving it.

So, I could swap the head and hope for the best, but needing this done asap Im thinking no. Now Im leaning toward finding a low mileage japan sourced vh41de and finding someone competent to not cut any corners getting the job done.

Open to any suggestions but hoping for a good recommendation. Last time I got work done at a shop was at XAT, and I stopped by ZFever to see if Martin knew anybody and he gave me a number of a guy who never got back to me.

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin
Car: 2017 Corvette, 2018 Focus ST, 1993 240sx truck KA Turbo.

That sucks man...
I'm not personally aware of any, but I would just start going to import shops and asking them.

I'm sure if you source the motor for them and everything, it'll be quicker, although they probably wont warranty it.

Return to “VH45DE / VK45DE / VK56DE Forum”