looking for driver's side front window regulator and motor for 97 J30

General discussion forum for J30 and M30 owners!
fourdrinie
Car: 97 J30

Anyone have an extra set or parting out?

right now need regulator but would buy motor as well, if needed.

[email protected]

brandonjustice93J30
Car: 1993 Infiniti J30

I seen a few on Ebay this morning...give them a look

fourdrinie

Thanks, I did see them...was hoping a NICO member could use some help or get rid of some clutter....however, I followed Carlos' posting on his http://www.fuzzycats.com website, and just silicone sprayed it...seemed to do the trick. gonna do the passenger side tomorrow...

Thanks Carlos for the post!

brandonjustice93J30
Car: 1993 Infiniti J30

No problem. Glad to hear you got it fixed easily and didnt end up having to replace anything.

Manuel

If you notice that the motor sounds like it is working normally but the window does not move up/down, you may have already stripped the rubber motor gear before the regulator has even failed.

My driver's door window would roll down normally and the motor would then continue to cycle until I tugged 'up' on the window switch. But sthe window would not roll up from any position although I could hear the motor cycling. When I took the regulator/ motor assembly out of the door, the motor cover plate had popped off leaving the gear assy exposed. There is a rubber gear that mates to the gearbox output shaft (which in turn actuates the regulator spool). This pinion gear is rubber, and in my case it sheared off of its steel shaft. I tried to use a rubber epoxy to get it to work again without luck. So, unless there is a way to pop that shaft / gear out, i'm in the market for a whole new gear/motor assy.

fourdrinie

did the passenger's side this am...sprayed it all down with silicone spray...seems to be all okay...guess I caught it in time before any real damage..

Return to “J30 Forum / M30 Forum”