Looking for Coilovers/Springs

Shocks, springs, sway bars, coliovers, bushings, brakes, wheels, tires - This is the place to discuss G-Series suspension modifications!
Chamillitary
Car: ???

Okay so I don't know much about the suspension, I actually only have rims on my G35 awd because it came with them and it came with K Sport coilovers. So this was a learning experience with having this setup. So I have to drive this in the winter as well and so the stock rims have some really nice winter tires of them so I switch them back and forth for seasons and raising and lowering as well. Well this past winter I was able to raise the front 2 coilovers but the back 2 were seized up no matter what I tried. So I took it somewhere to get it done but they tore up my raising rings and now when I lowered them back down, I tried to raise one back up and it didn't work and then the ring basically fell loose off the threads. So now the car is kinda stuck where it is.

So I'm looking for options because I really have no idea where I should look or what I should/can use. Should I replace just 1 (or 2 since I'm sure the other side will end up the same)? Obviously I'm looking on the lower priced end but not trying to cheap out as much as possible. Also looking for something that won't seize up through winters if possible as well. If someone can either point me in the right direction, wants to help me pick one out or has something to sell possibly, let me know.

Edit: Oh I also forgot to mention that if possible I'm looking for something more stiff as the one I have is pretty bouncy and soft (even switched to hard) because these roads in WI are horrible especially right now in my area.

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

If you want a static mid-height then I suggest Eibach pro-kit springs. I thought they did a great job but they are not adjustable. If you want coilovers you will have to do some research on opinions of those who have had set brands for a number of years vs. those who just put them on and "love them". I had BC coils on my G37 for 7 years and while they were great on twisty roads I found them to be overly stiff and jarring for daily driving to the point they hurt my back even after I had installed a softer spring set than the 12k/10k they came with (I had 10k/8k). Now, many are happy with them and/or buy them with Sprint springs which seem softer.

When you reinstall your suspension always use appropriate amounts of anti-seize or they will eventually lock back up again.

Chamillitary

Okay thanks, that's some informative info. Do you happen to know any sites I can look at?

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

I buy all of my mods from tunerzstore.com

Chamillitary

Okay thanks, also I looked more into the soft/hard suspension yesterday and I figured it out a little more. The reason I didn't understand it somewhat was I didn't get how the dampener worked, because when I got the car and they saw how bad our roads were and I think they mentioned about making it harder or maybe that was my thought? So when I turned the front 2 to the right it only went one notch and then stopped, so I figured it was right hard and left soft 1 notch only and that's all you get. I know that sounds dumb but I never really looked into that too much or knew anything about it, well it turns out it was obviously only 1 notch from all the way hard, so I read that it's best to keep the back all the way hard or close to it (which I can't find an access point anyway) and then the front about in the middle. So when I got home I turned it about 10 softer from the highest hard and it was tons better, still bouncy but more bearable then a hard hit.

Also this might sound dumb but since the front 2 are still in decent shape would it be dumb to just replace the back 2 with a different brand?

Return to “G35 and G37 Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tires”