Looking for an engine builder for a TT VK45 marine endurance

Discuss topics related to the VH41DE, VH45DE, VK45DE, and VK56DE engines.
Racer189

I'm completely new to the Nissan engine scene but have heard incredible things about the VK series engines, more specifically about their reliability and high hp potential.

I'm looking for referrals to high end VK45 engine builders for an extreme marine endurance application. MY previous experience has been with very high maintenance and unreliable american engines and am tired of having to nurse maid them to last only part of a season. My goal is to find a Professional engine builder with extensive experience with high end Twin Turbo VK45 engines. In order to be competitive the power will have to be around 900 hp at a max of 7000 rpm. I have seen these engines do very well in similar endurance ski racing applications in Australia and am very impressed by them. I could use an Australian builder that I found, but for obvious logistics and ongoing maintenance reasons, I would prefer to find someone closer to home in North America. I have done some online searches and haven't had much luck, but this isn't surprising as past experience has shown me that many of the high end engine builders don't have much of a web presence as they're so well known in their respective niche/industry, and that's why I am here asking for your help.

As stated, this application is an extreme marine endurance application where we run at a sustained WOT for up to 1 hour at a time and for a minimum of 15 hours race time per year. Perhaps someone who has built and won in some 24 hour races? The engine builder must be capable of building a "World Class engine package" as this engine will be competing in our World Championships next year.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Jesse

Racer189

ok then....?? So there are no professional VK45 engine builders in North America that have the experience and capabilities to build an engine like this?????

What about MA Motorsports?

Yellow4g63
Car: 95 RB20 240, 91 NX2000 VE power, 95 Stock 240sx

Racer189 try over at V8nissan.com

FAST-DATSUN

SEE Nick at 5523 motorsports. He can help you....

maxnix
Car: 1995 Infiniti Q45
1995 Infiniti Q45t
2000 Infiniti Q45

NisTech down under.

Return to “VH45DE / VK45DE / VK56DE Forum”