looking for advice on some things as I work on my z32

The Nissan 300ZX (Z32) general community discussion forum
screwyluie
Car: 1990 Nissan 300ZX TT

I bought a '90 twin turbo a couple months ago and I've been putting in the hours working on it. I swapped it from an automatic to a manual (almost done, got a few more things to put back together), got new downpipes, new exhaust, etc.

I want to delete the EGR next which looks like I'll need to pull the plenum from the top of the motor. Is there anything else that I should be doing while I have that off? I'd rather not pull it again if I don't need to.

hicus was deleted when I bought it, I still need to remove all the piping and solenoid though. I removed the AIV from both wheel wells. Working on getting the carbon canister out while I'm at it.

Everything in the gauge cluster works except the gas gauge. What are the chances that's the gauge itself vs something else? I haven't had a chance to pull the fuel filter, pump, etc to see what condition they're in. It does run so they must be in at least working order if nothing else.

The previous owner put in some coilovers and I'm pretty sure the bushing on the front left one is shot. There's no brand or marking of any kind on these things. Are the bushings for coilovers fairly universal or does anyone have a method of identifying them?

I'm open to any other information or suggestions you wanna throw my way. It's a project car so it'll never be "done", the more things I can put on the list the better. The interior is in pretty decent shape except the seats. I need to replace those or reupholster them or something. I don't intend to put aftermarket seats in, if I replace them it'll be with original style seats.

and a picture of course
PXL_20220704_041455742.jpg

zxFarside
Car: 94 300zx TT (sold)
03 Suburban 5.3
00 BMW 323

Uuhhhhhhh I can’t remember if you can delete the throttle body coolant lines with the plenum off, but that’s one thing. Bigger injectors if you’re going for more power. Boost controller if it doesn’t already gave one and simplify the vacuum lines. PCV are easier to replace with the plenum off.

The fuel gauge might be a bad sending unit or the float is stuck, given the car seems fine.

screwyluie
Car: 1990 Nissan 300ZX TT

I've seen mention of the coolant lines before I need to find a guide for that.

injectors are a good idea, didn't think of that... now I need to research injectors

PCV is on the list, yup.

boost controller... ok I'll have a look at that
thanks

Return to “300ZX (Z32) General”