Looking for a few pointers at the track. :-)

Blast down the 1320? Love the 1/8 mile action? Here's your forum.
ThePrincessx10
Car: 2007 Sentra 2.0 (stateside)// 94 Rover (Germany)

--I was just lurking around and just saw the thread with posted track times and wondering what the heck am I doing wrong. I think I may have the slowest car in this forum.

I have an 07 Nissan Sentra 2.0 automatic stock car.(Currently ordering mods i.e. CAI and exhaust and a bunch of other goodies)

I'm wondering is my time normal for a stock car or am I just really bad at it.

I cut a .025 to a .365 light normaly but I'm currently working on improving it. My best 1/4 mile time so far is 17.23 and 1/8 mile dial in was a 11.08 and I ran a 11.103. my mph at 1/8 - 64 and 1/4 - 84 I believe.

I bring it up to 2 grand at the light before I go.

I wonder if its something i'm doing wrong or is it because its still stock. If anyone has any pointers I would really apprechate it.

BTW Thanks in advance!

rb25drag
Car: 1990 Nissan 240SX 5.3 Chevy + 60mm turbo + blow threw carb.

Why a Sentra? Its not made for drag racing. If you wanna drag get a RWD car for real. You can only hook so much power on FWD and honestly your going to get laughed at alot! Keep it as a DD and buy something junk to build and play with. Just my opinion.

ThePrincessx10

rb25drag wrote:Why a Sentra? Its not made for drag racing. If you wanna drag get a RWD car for real. You can only hook so much power on FWD and honestly your going to get laughed at alot! Keep it as a DD and buy something junk to build and play with. Just my opinion.
I like to do it just for the fun of it. I wanted to see how well I could get it to do. I'm only using my DD to practice my reaction times. We already have a truck that I'll be running next season that normally runs low 11's its a pretty sweet 85 Chevy s10 restored and built for the track. (Over the last 10 years)

The bf and I have been looking at serious project for a while now, we just can’t decide between a few different models we want.

btw, I think I laugh more at myself then get laughed at. I think the guys that take there lifted diesel trucks down the track and don’t make it to the end because they blew or broke something are the ones that get laughed at more then me.

But I still want to know though if the time is normal for the car. I'm going to just assume so because thats what i've been getting consitantly. Stock Sentras just plan stink.

MeanGreenS13
Car: 2011 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD

hey man dont knock on her! we need more female's in racing! hahaha anyway, i just replied to a similar post about a guy having trouble launching in the same forum here, check it out maybe it will help you!

Phil

rb25drag

Not riding her, Just stating she prob isn't going to learn alot from a FWD car. Plus all cars are going to launch different. But you can learn the basics in the FWD car.

Now stepping from a 17 second car to a 11 second car is going to be a big jump! But good luck on your built s-10, Sounds like a nice project.

ThePrincessx10

Thanks guys... I read the other post. Only sad thing is i have an automatic car I went to the track again. I'm getting much better. Next month the s10 will be ready for testing errr well I need to learn how to run it testing. I have no idea how to do a burn out and never done it. Hopefully Pops can direct me on the how to's.

I'm worried that the practice in my DD with amount to nothing when running the s10....

rb25drag

Is your s-10 going to have line lock?

If so the burnout will not be a problem at all. Your pops can direct you of that easy.

NuclearZ
Car: 280Z Hybrid 350TPI + Procharger

Actually having an automatic is not a bad thing, especially if you are bracket racing. As far as pointers, the Sentra needs to avoid the water in the burn out. The grooves in the tires can hold water and cause you to spin on the line. If you can bring the rpms up to 2000 every time, do it. If you go a little over or a little under the car will not be consistant. Some times a low powered can leave more consistantly from an ildle. Be sure you get in the lights on the line the place each time. I barely flicker the last staging bulb and stop. For a foot brake car it's just a lot of practice on the lights to get the reaction times the same. With the old incandesant lights my buddies use to tell me the color of the bulb as it was going out or coming on. New LED lights pretty much messed that up for them. For the S-10, pull in the water and spin the tires once and then pull up out of the water. Start your burn out in 2nd if you have a manual shift 3 speed automatic and get to high gear as quick as possible. Most of the time you can "feel" the tire start to grab. That's when you let out. You shouldn't need any dry hops or any more smoke. Just pull to the line. Dry hops will usually cool the tire off. Trust me or take a temp gun and prove it to your self. 90% of a bracket race is won on the line. Driving the big end will come with seat time.

240z4u
Car: '95 Nissan 240SX

Yeah old thread, I know.

My intake and exhaust acura 2.3cl (1999) did like 17.01

I don't think your doing anything wrong.

Evan

Return to “Nissan Drag Racing Forum”