Looking at an '11 Touring..

Nissan 350z / Nissan 370z general community discussion forum
elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

OK so I've kinda been on the lookout for a good deal on a sports car... I sold my CTS-V a few weeks ago and I figure if I wanted a sports car and a good deal, I think this time of year would be about ideal or maybe up until December.

Local dealer has a 2011 Z... http://www.fortwaynenissan.com/new/Niss ... 365181.htm

I went and drove the car today.. Wasn't really looking for a Z but I went and took it for a ride anyway... Honestly I like the car more than I thought I would.. I was originally looking at 4-6 year old Porsche 911 and I was not impressed by the leg room, even though the head room was adequate.. For about the same price that I could find a 4-6 year old 911, I could get a brand new Z... and the Z seems like it's got pretty comparable performance.

So for the car above, they gave me an offer at 34,600.. Since it's a 2011 I could probably talk them down another $2k or so, even though 34k seems like a pretty decent deal. If I could get it for 32k out the door I'll probably pull the trigger... What do you think?

Does the sport package come with the VLSD? I assume it does but I'm not sure, that would definitely be a deal breaker for me because I would never own a sports car with an open diff, that's highly unacceptable.

BusyBadger
Car: '92 Nissan 240SX
'05 Nissan 350Z
'13 Nissan Juke

Welcome to the family! (hopefully)

The sport package adds a vlsd to the Z,and although it's better than an open diff you'll be much happier in the long run with an actual mechanical diff, be it a clutch type or helical one from Quaife.

I can't remember where you live in The Hoosier State (I'm from B'town), but another good investment would be a set of wheels and some good all seasons or even winter tires if you see a.lot of the white stuff and plan on taking the Z out for some winter fun. Gotta tell ya', it's a blast in the snow! Well, the 350 is, can't imagine the 370 is any different.

dasoupdude
Car: 2005 Z

Those 70s are pretty sharp, especially with the SRM..

It looks as if that particular one has the Bose package too, 32k seems like a VERY good price.

I almost pulled the trigger on a sport + touring nav with persimmon for 38k a few months ago but decided to wait a little longer in case anything better surfaced. The only way I would ever get a 70 is if it came with the entertainment screen, it's just so neat.

370Z/28
Car: 370Z & Z28 *SOLD*
'13 Lexus IS250C F-Sport

Well of course I would think it was beautiful. ;)

Buy it. You will love it. I'm very pleased with all the room it has inside. I like the little shelves behind the seats too. Perfect for jackets and purses and stuff.

I think I get more compliments on this car than any car I have ever owned. I will just be sitting at a traffic light and the person next to me will say something about it. I just think they are the sexiest car on the road.

RicerX
Car: '20 Titan Pro4X

I will fuel the fire a few months late - you should still get one of these :)

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

Wes,

it's pretty hard IMO to go wrong with the Z34 as a Sports car value.

It's classy enough you dont feel outclassed even when around some high dollar Iron and of course we all know how moddable they are.
These days unlike back when the Z33 just came out, all the big tuner shops know exactly what to do ... :)

Return to “350z / 370z Discussion”