Looking at an 09 Murano

Forum for the unique Murano, and official home of Nissan Murano Club!
mike_of_earth
Car: 2011 M56S

Been doing some digging, and my kiddo may wind up with a used Murano. I found an 09 on CL, and the seller says he had the trans replaced at 119k miles, so there's still warranty on it.
Since the transmissions are one of the 'big' items, and it's been done by a dealer, seems like it might be a decent option. First thing I'd probably do is have them change the fluid :)
They said they've done the oil changes themselves, which I guess I am cool with.

https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/arv ... 02146.html

Anything else I should watch out for?

TIA!

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

I'd want to get that price down about a grand, considering it's been on the market for 3 weeks.

Make sure you get any documentation from the dealer on this supposed warranty.

mike_of_earth

Yeah, I agree... I am going to push for a discount :0) I'll definitely confirm that the warranty is in tact and transferable. The dealer that did the tranny swap is pretty well known here as a good outfit, so I am confident that at least the work was done right.

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Top 2009 Nissan Murano Problems
  • Failing Engine Mounts Will Cause Thumping in Floor. ...
  • Damaged Seat Adjuster Assembly May Cause Noise/Rocking Movement. ...
  • Timing Chain Rattle and Tapping Noise. ...
  • Liftgate Rattles and Cannot Latch. ...
  • Erratic or High Idle After Cleaning Throttle Body.
2009 Nissan Murano Problems & Complaints

Check to make sure everything is working correctly, even the fobs. As it was most likely built in '08 it's now 12 years old, so I'd be looking at rubber parts like door seals, hoses, etc. If you're dealing with a reputable dealership they should be willing to show you the AutoCheck or CarFax for the car. And see if you can get the service record as well.

mike_of_earth

Rogue One wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:06 pm
Top 2009 Nissan Murano Problems
  • Failing Engine Mounts Will Cause Thumping in Floor. ...
  • Damaged Seat Adjuster Assembly May Cause Noise/Rocking Movement. ...
  • Timing Chain Rattle and Tapping Noise. ...
  • Liftgate Rattles and Cannot Latch. ...
  • Erratic or High Idle After Cleaning Throttle Body.
2009 Nissan Murano Problems & Complaints

Check to make sure everything is working correctly, even the fobs. As it was most likely built in '08 it's now 12 years old, so I'd be looking at rubber parts like door seals, hoses, etc. If you're dealing with a reputable dealership they should be willing to show you the AutoCheck or CarFax for the car. And see if you can get the service record as well.
That's all very helpful info, thanks! Seems that most of these I'll be able to detect at idle, and lift gate should be easy. Private seller, but I fully intend on running a Carfax on it.

Return to “Murano Forum”