Looking at a 65 NL320

1962-1965 Datsun L320 and NL320 forums - The truck that started it all in the US. All 320-specific topics and discussion can be found here.
Kevmcrae

Hi All, I'm looking at a 65 with rockers and rear wheel lips rusted out. Need to be fabricated or replaced so wondering if there are sources for new or used? Also, is there replacement new weather stripping available?
Thanks
Kev

Li'l Truckie
Car: 3 x '65 PL 320
1 x '64 PL 320
1 x '63 PL 320
1 x '62 PL 320 - parts :(
1 x '60 PLG-222
and many more Datsuns from 48hp to over 500hp

Kevmcrae

Welcome Aboard -

Okay,

Rocker, at this time I do not know of any one who fabs rockers for sale. So you might be on your own. Let me send out a few emails and lets see if any one will help out. I do recall someone did post a thread to see if anyone was interested in a set of rocker he made.

Rear wheel lip - this will be on you to fab unless someone has a bed they would/could cut the piece from

Weather stripping -

Front and back glass - check eBay, I've seen the front for sure, or a local shop that chops/channels hot rods as they might be able to help or point you in the right direction for where they have their unique front/back glass seals made/fabricated
Window seals and inner/outer squeegee - you will have to look into the 1500/1600/2000 Fairlady or Datsun 520/521. Won't be an exact fit but will get you close.
Window Felt- Might check the 520/521 or look at you local wholesale fabric outlet. I know National Fabric here in KCKS has the window felt, cut to fit. And about ten different door seals, just not the door seal for a Datsun 320. My take on the felt is anything generic felt will work so long as it's the right size and the correct length and National Fabric has about 6 sizes to choose from.
Quarter Window/Vent window- have not seen these anywhere or what might work with a little fabrication.

Sorry I can't help more than this.

Li'l Truckie

difrangia
Car: 1978 Datsun 620 'Longbed', 1964 NL320, 1961 FIAT 500D, 1964 Type 113 Beetle, 79 Ford Festiva

Kevmcrae,
Here's a thread from the Ratsun site concerning panelforming. These guys are in Australia and look to be pretty salty on metalforming. Second page has their e-mail contact and facebook link. Take a look, Lot of roadster stuff, but from what I see here, they could make almost anything. There are a number of NL's in Aussieland for them to pattern off of. Their FB page has a good number of panels with prices for perspective. If you check with them, let us know some panel estimates. Mine could use rockers. Welcome to the forum.
Steve

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/62893 ... nel-craft/

Return to “Datsun 320”