looking at 18 or 19 Pathfinder

A forum for the legendary Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4.
garygary
Car: ???

I am looking to buy a 18 or 19 Pathfinder. How critical is it to get a Nissan extended warranty on it?

Thanks

mdmellott
Car: '13 Kia Soul+ 2.0L AT
'02 Pathfinder SE 3.5L AT P/4WD

Define critical for yourself in terms of rated reliability, peace of mind, risk of repair costs, etc. JD Power gives the '18 a reliability rating of 3 out of 5 and the '19 a 3.5 out of 5. These are better ratings than the '20 and the '17 at a 2.5 out of 5. Having a full end to end warranty is a comfort knowing unexpected breakdowns will likely be covered but it all comes down to what the coverage limits are, what the cost is, and what the warranty period is. With a newer vehicle like the ''18 or the '19, I would expect a Nissan dealership to honor the original warranty and roll it forward to the new owner without added extended warranty costs. Just like the asking price of the vehicle, the warranty can and should be negotiated if it's an added cost in the offer.

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

If you are getting a 18 or a 19 it should be easy to find vehicles from a Nissan dealer "certified".
The Nissan certification is a better warranty than any aftermarket.

I been looking at a lot of cars lately and the certified vehicles are on avg 1.5-2 k more than an equivalent none certified one ( equipment, miles, year)

Return to “Nissan Pathfinder Forum / Infiniti QX4 Forum”