Lookin' for advice....

A forum for lovers of Infiniti's hot-rod crossover, the FX! In 2014, all FX models will be named Infiniti QX70, in line with Infiniti's new naming structure.
jabdad77

Hey guys - thinking about trading in my 03 M45 for an FX. Need a family hauler and can't (or won't) do the minivan thing!!!

Can anyone offer some advice on what to look for on a 04/05 FX? My M, she burns a little oil in between changes and I was wondering if the FX 45 has a similar problem.

Think I'm leaning towards a FX 45 for the AWD and 20"s.

Thanks.

KS_Rockstar
Car: 2006 Infinity FX 45

I own an 06' FX45 I bought new.

Prior to that I have had: 3 80's Z28 camaros, 2 crappy station waggons, a 63 GMC step side pickup with a 396 BB, a new 94 mustang GT, a new 96 F-150, a new 99 Yukon Denali, a leased Viper for a few months, a new Qx4 and my wife has a 350z. I've also driven many, many different cars, trucks, suv's, exotics, ect. because of my work.

That being said, the FX45 is hands down the nicest vehicle ive ever owned and one of the nicest vehicles ive ever driven.

Hope that helps.

Mike McGowan, SOC.http://www.mikemcgowan.net

sjflood20
Car: 2008 Infiniti FX 35

I had an FX35 for three years and just bought a second one. I absolutely love it. The only thing I didn't have on the 2005 was the rear backup camera because the visibility backing up was not good. My new one has it and it is great. They are now standard on the car so obviously other people were having the same problem.

infinitelyFX35
Car: 2006 FX35 Black Sports Package

I recently bought a 2006, I opted for the sports package because of the looks, and I am loving my car!!! My husband thinks it rides a little rough, but he likes loose suspension cars. I drove both the 18" standard wheels and then the sport pkg. the 18" is a little softer ride, but the FX is over the top. I am a former Mercedes Benz freak, owned 4 until my new toy, and I don't think I will go back. You won't be disappointed if you are looking for a vehicle looks like a sports car and yet multi-tasks as a utility vehicle. Your family will like it too.

dkhall
Car: 2005 FX35

I have a 2005 FX35 that I purchased when I had a child thinking it would be great. I wanted to say that I am very disappointed in this car as a car for a child. There is simply not enough room. Also, my FX does not have the rear backup camera and with the car seat in the middle of the back seat, I cannot see ANYTHING, especially after dark. I am currently looking to sell my FX for either an M35 (my sister has one and it is fabulous) or an Acura RL. If I decide not to sell, I think I will have to check to see if I can get the rear back up cameras installed. If you have any questions, feel free to email me...

Chedman13
Car: 2003 Infiniti FX45 AWD VK45DE

jabdad77 wrote:Hey guys - thinking about trading in my 03 M45 for an FX. Need a family hauler and can't (or won't) do the minivan thing!!!

Can anyone offer some advice on what to look for on a 04/05 FX? My M, she burns a little oil in between changes and I was wondering if the FX 45 has a similar problem.

Think I'm leaning towards a FX 45 for the AWD and 20"s.

Thanks.
VH engines (the v8) burn oil. If you change your oil every 3k miles, no need to worry. I use synthetic so I change it ever 4k miles. I have to top it off at around the 3k miles.

I have a 2003 FX45 - love it. I haul so much stuff in it and I also have the tech package. So I don't have the issue with backing up etc.. when I have stuff in the car.

Rear seat is a little tight, not the most "kid" friendly. A QX56 or minivan is more practical, but up to you.

Return to “Infiniti FX35 / FX45 / FX37 / FX50 / QX70 Forum”