Look what followed me home!!

1962-1965 Datsun L320 and NL320 forums - The truck that started it all in the US. All 320-specific topics and discussion can be found here.
BURLEIGH
Car: Datsun 620 pickup

Hey Guy's,

Look what I just drug out of a barn!!

This 1963 L320 has been in the same family from the day it was sold! I have the original receipt of sale and the original '63 licence plates with the dealer's plate surounds. It is all original and has never been modified. They say that it has several hundered thousand miles on it and the engine has been rebuilt by a Nissan dealer at least 3 times...

I was hoping to restore it back factory, but I don't know if those cyliners could take another boring...

There is some rust in the driver's rocker and floor pans, but other than that it seems pretty solid. The engine bay is very original and complete. It has a 4speed column shift too.

There is a nifty retractable bed camper shell on it that is missing the canvas tarp, but I think any upolsery shop could fix me up with a new one...

My ten year old son loves it and wants to help with the restore so he can drive it! I can't wait to get started!!!

Here are a couple pics. I'll keep you guys updated on it's progress...

-Richard

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

Nice find. The camper structure is sure different. Was that something that was sold in the 60's for that model truck or was it custom built?

Return to “Datsun 320”