Longevity and Repairs

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
weissman
Car: 2007 M35X Tech/

2007 m35x has 210,000. Located in N. Va. for most of its life, now in mid coastal NC.

Only have used Mobil 1 5w30 and changed it every 6-8K miles. Changed all other fluids per recommendation of mechanic friend foreman in Infinifi dealer shop.

Needed to replace ac condensor and radiator core due to damage.

Replaced both front wheel bearings.

New valve gaskets. 2nd set of plugs.

New complete exhaust system reusing CC.

Is this a typical experience or better or worse than yours?

EniGmA1987
Car: '06 Infiniti M35 Sport

Sounds similar to my car. I haven't replaced my AC condenser yet, but very rarely my AC is starting to not blow anymore so something in the AC system will need to be replaced soon. But I have replaced my radiator due to one of the fittings springing a leak, front wheel bearings were at end of life from use, and valve gaskets are a problem area with the VQ35DE engine it seems. I have also replaced my front shocks which had started leaking around 160k miles on my car, which is good considering the expected suspension life is closer to 100k.

Your exhaust replacement is probably because you live on the east coast. Not sure if you have salted roads in the winter but that murders exhaust, as does keeping the car near the sea air.

Honestly that is hardly any work for a car that is at 210k miles. I love how reliable these cars tend to be.

bluedevil30
Car: 2009 M35X
265,000 miles

My 2009 M35x has 265,000.

It has seen a dealer less than 3 times for warranty work and cooling system replacement.

Most all other work has been done at a Mavis Tire or Midas muffler (minor exhaust patches).

I’ve done regular oil and filter changes at about 5K miles with non-synthetic, replaced plugs once, belts and battery twice. Replaced front bearings and some minor suspension parts. Shocks are original.

Mavis said steering rack was loose but had them top off the fluid and the car runs great.

Interior of the car is in great condition and I even still have 2 keys. The only other issue is the passenger side door look won’t always electrically fire.

I’ll probably put this car to pasture this summer now that car prices have stabilized. Tough to part with a perfectly fine car that is writing me $500 checks per month to keep.

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”