Long time, no speak

A General Discussion forum for cars and other topics, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to NICO!
Ozzie
Car: '90 300ZX twin turbo - 2 seater
'99 Legnum VR-4 Type-S twin turbo
'06 MK5 Golf tdi

Apologies to everyone for not being on here much lately.

It seems that something decided that my life wasn't going fast enough, so it hit the fast forward button.
Long story short;
I have to move because I will no longer be working by the beginning of next year (I live on Commonwealth land currently, and can not stay if I am not working for the Commonwealth either directly or indirectly)
This means I am looking for a new house. My wife and I have decided to advance our plans of moving to the tropics, as her work will allow that flexibility.

I will not find another job (for a while at least), as I am taking the unorthodox path of becoming a stay at home dad while the missus keeps working.

These two things alone have kept my free time to a minimum, what with all the planning and whatnot.

The free time I do have has been used to run and boost the local sports club, of which I am President.
(Let me tell you, that has been a massive undertaking in itself but it means I will be leaving something positive behind for everyone in the community to use and enjoy for many years to come)

The Skyline has been quite reliable (as it has been used as a daily driver for me), but is still in need of a clutch upgrade to make better use of the increased power. (420bhp tends to overpower the standard clutch)
Thankfully, I do not need to sell her once the baby arrives. I intend to show her everything I can about cars and hope she develops a love for them as do all of us here on Nicoclub.

I think i'm done (and yes, that's the short version!)

Maybe after I retire/become a stay at home dad, I'll have more time to spend on here.
:bigthumb:

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

Sure sounds like lots of interesting changes! :yesnod

Welcome again!

Z

float_6969
Car: CA18DET swapped 1995 Nissan 240sx (too many mods to list)
2015 SV Leaf w/QC & Bose (daily)

I don't know how old your kiddo(s) are, but don't think you'll have more free time. Stay at home is a full time job. My wife stays at home and she works WAY more hours than I do and has little free time during the day, and that's just with one kid! I'm giving you a HUGE standing pat on the back right now. Stay-at-home parent is the most important, difficult, and rewarding job a person could have. There are days I envy my wife because of the bond she shares with our daughter, but she busts her a** every day too. It's a helluva undertaking, but I think you'll be happy with it. Good luck!

Kompresshun
Administrator
Car: 2020 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4x4, 2017 Ford F150 4x4 SuperCab 3.5L Ecoboost/10AT, 2005 Nissan Pathfinder SE Offroad 5AT

It's good to hear an update man! Even though I get to keep up with you on Facebook, I didn't know all of this had been going on.

Once Kristen finishes her masters degree next year I'm gonna start working on transitioning into working part time and growing my side business but also just to be more available for the kid. Plus we plan on having more, so that way I can be more available for them while the wife works.

Good luck man and keep us updated!

Heavy
Car: 1992 Mr.Two, 1996 LS4HUNNID, 1999 Appliance on wheels.

so whats to become of the celica and the ute?

Ozzie
'06 MK5 Golf tdi

float_6969 wrote:I don't know how old your kiddo(s) are, but don't think you'll have more free time. Stay at home is a full time job. My wife stays at home and she works WAY more hours than I do and has little free time during the day, and that's just with one kid! I'm giving you a HUGE standing pat on the back right now. Stay-at-home parent is the most important, difficult, and rewarding job a person could have. There are days I envy my wife because of the bond she shares with our daughter, but she busts her a** every day too. It's a helluva undertaking, but I think you'll be happy with it. Good luck!
I agree. I guess I'll find out for certain after she's born, and the wifey goes back to work.
Heavy wrote:so whats to become of the celica and the ute?
Celica isn't leaving our family, EVER. The ute still has a home with us, but we may need to sell it. I hope not because I have big (block) plans for it.

Ozzie
'06 MK5 Golf tdi

UPDATE POST:

Our little girl is here. Safe, sound, and small (6lb 12oz)

We had to sell the ute..... We got our money back, but I doubt I will find another in the same condition for the same $$$
It's sad, but a choice we had to make. I hope to get another one in the future and turn it into a monster! :)

In a couple of weeks I will be taking the Skyline and Ruby (TA22 Celica convertible) to the new house which is 2000 miles away. My brother in law will drive one of the cars, and I will drive the other.
I've been playing with the idea of live streaming video for the trip.
It will be a long drive, right across the continent of Australia.... but how interesting would that be... really?

Beyond all these massive changes, there has been a glimmer of hope that i/we may make it back to the US for another tour. I would hope for a trip over for Carlisle, but to be honest I think it's only a dream for this year.

I really can't wait to leave work and become the stay at home parent. It's not because I hate work, but because I really want to put all my energy into bringing up my little girl.
I want to teach her all the things, and maybe get her swinging spanners on the cars at some point.
Who knows? Maybe she can inherit the Skyline as her first car if I still have it?

I'm doing my best to keep in touch with Nico, but life has a funny way of filling up my time recently.

Stay cool people.

numbnuts240
Car: 1999 exploder 4-door 5-speed, 1974 fairlady z 250gt, 2011 ford focus, 2010 mazda3

holy carp it's ozzie. congrats on the new baby girl. from what i know about you, i'm positive she'll grow up to be one bad a** chick. good luck with the new place and the entire transition.

float_6969

Congrats! Keep us update on life and isht, it's good to hear from you.

Ace2cool
Car: 1991 Nissan 300ZX TT
1966 Datsun Fairlady 1600
2005 Suzuki GSX-R 600
1974 Honda CB550 Four
2009 Ford F150 Lariat

What's up homie? Glad to hear things are going well.

Ozzie
'06 MK5 Golf tdi

A 3 year gap is reasonable for an update, right?

I LOL at life, because you don't really know what is going to happen...
Will my daughter inherit the Skyline one day?
Nope.
The Skyline sold about a month ago, but I did hold on to it for around 3 times longer than I usually keep a car for!
Besides, there is another daughter around now, and I didn't want her to get jealous!

I claimed that we would keep Ruby (the TA22 celica vert) forever, and that was true, up until 2 weeks ago.....
When my wife said "we should probably get rid of her now. We never drive her"
I haven't done any work to her to prep for sale, because my heart won't let me.
But, at the end of the day, I did recently acquire another 2 cars, which brings the property/house total to 6 cars..... for 2 registered drivers....
(The new cars are a 1994 Infiniti Q45, and a 1990 twin turbo 300ZX)

I'm back at work, but the stay-at-home dad thing was the BEST part of my life to date. If we win lotto, I'm applying for that job again!
Still have cars to play with, and the eldest girl is at the right stage to learn how to read numbers (above 10), so she can pass me the right spanner when required.
They are both interested in cars (much to my wife's disdain) and hope to foster them to be a part of the future generation of car lovers.

My assumption of being able to post on NICO more after becoming a stay at home father was reckless.
I can now admit that was a foolish thought!

float_6969

OZZIE IS ALIVE!!!! LOL! Thanks for the update man! Sorry to hear the skyline go, but it sounds like it was replaced with a Z, and that's never a bad day!

Kids. Are. The. BOMB. Especially daughters. I have 2 girls. Love them to death. Congrats on the new addition to the fam!

Don't be a stranger now that you're back. Lets at least get some pics of the new rides!

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin
Car: 2017 Corvette, 2018 Focus ST, 1993 240sx truck KA Turbo.

I started reading this and thought it sounded odd, then I saw the date haha.
Good resurrection of a zombie thread!

Histeland85
Car: 1992 Ferrari 348

hey hi

Ozzie
'06 MK5 Golf tdi

float_6969 wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:45 am
Don't be a stranger now that you're back. Lets at least get some pics of the new rides!

Blue SSS Pulsar (SR20) is my daily
Ruby (Red Celica) is pretty much finished. I'll get around to rebuilding the twin side draught solex carbs eventually.
Honda CRV is rarely used, due to the Mrs. having an all expenses paid work car (Holden Colorado)
I'm mainly working on the Infiniti Q45 and getting that all buttoned up. (To do list; radiator fan, belts, interior lighting, door lock actuators, stereo, drivers window actuator, paint/body)
I haven't really touched the Z yet, but I am collecting parts for the eventual top to bottom rebuild.

flartius
Car: 1996 - Nissan 240sx SE RB25DET
2008 - Yamaha YZF-R6 - SOLD
2007 - Ford F150 FX4

Man, look at that scenery!!! Beautiful country where you live.

float_6969

Love the pics man! Such a beautiful area, and your vehicles are great as well. Thanks for the pics!!!

Heavy
Car: 1992 Mr.Two, 1996 LS4HUNNID, 1999 Appliance on wheels.

Im really diggin the color on the Qboat.

Ozzie
'06 MK5 Golf tdi

Heavy wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 5:08 am
Im really diggin the color on the Qboat.
Paint code is LM0 ; Mulberry Frost Metallic
I don't remember seeing it on another Q before.

Return to “General Chat”