Long time no post. G50 Susp. Questions.

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
heywier427
Car: 91 Q45

Hi All,

My poor Q has been sitting for 10 plus years, but I am gaining motivation to get her back out on the streets.

It runs and drives just like the day I parked her. And I started it at least twice a year, and drove it around the block a few times to get the tranny shifting. Also exersized all the hvac flaps, ect...

It still lays down rubber with the best of em :) Theres really no excuse other than life and laziness for the sitting.

Im looking for suspension advice. Will be lowered to a low, but driveable height. Maybe 1 finger gap on 19" g35 forges.

Right now it still has tokico blues and eibachs, on stock 15's with some ginormous side walls!

I had gotten into a highspeed accident and clipped the rear and the nose of the car. I have all the replacement parts, as well as the Impul body kit I never got around to installing.

Just looking for up to date advice on the best sport oriented shock/spring combo's or coilovers from people who have recently or still have the setup they are advising on.

Any and all suspension part advise is welcome.

I know over the years many different ideas and different car parts have been fitted with success, but I never wrote any of it down.

Thanks for any help, and hope to see some OG's chime in! :wavey:

P.s. I have been building cars for myself and customers in these past 10 years, so not afraid of any custom fabrication (ie, making my own coilovers ect..).

Thanks.

Q451990
Car: 1990 Q45 - 118K, 2022 Toyota 4 Runner, 2004 Frontier M/T - 108K, 2012 Xterra (Mom's), 2023 Rogue (Inlaws)

Welcome back!

heywier427

Thank you.

Holy shmolly, things have slowed down here!

Have been doing lots of reading the past few days, and have a good idea of what I want to accomplish.

Have there been any updates to the Nico Ecu? Better performance wise? Mine is now 12 years old. 93 octane file.

Pretty sure I am going to run with the D2 14/10 coilovers. Not many reviews, but no bad ones, so I will take the chance.

All the adjustable susp. parts available from the z32, g37 Akebono's, front & rear, and a bigger rear sway. I think I have a T bar on there now, but I have to measure. Will have a local shop make me up something with a few more mills.

Then paint and enjoy her again.

Not going to start till next summer, as I have an sr20 swap for my 510 starting this winter. It is rotary now, but Im sick of it. Cant wait to sell off all my rotary cars n stuff! Just a never ending headache when trying to achieve high hp.

Q451990
Car: 1990 Q45 - 118K, 2022 Toyota 4 Runner, 2004 Frontier M/T - 108K, 2012 Xterra (Mom's), 2023 Rogue (Inlaws)

Yeah... for a while I said I saw more Q45s at the pull-a-part than on the road. Now I just don't see them at all. I guess this trend is reflected in our activity level.

Nothing new on the NICO ECU.

heywier427

Yeah, I literally never see them, and I drive +/- 150 miles a day in all directions/different routes (salesman).

On a side note, holy f, the akebono brakes are huge profile wise. Very few options for wheels other than stockers.

Not gonna go with the forges, and have picked out set of 18" five star wheels. 19's just look too big in my opinion. But a +40 offset and 20mm spacer! I was hoping to have a bigger dish/lip, and some poke, but it was way too much with anything but a 40 offset :(

Wheels ordered, brakes are here, caliper adapter will be here today, coilovers and most suspension ordered.

Will post my starting point pics soon.

And boo, on the NICO ecu. Maybe I will play, as I have learned how to tune, and have a chip burner.

Moar timing yo!

elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

You're not really going to be able to make more power on pump gas (93 octane) than what we do, it's all about the fuel. Maybe if you went race gas or E85 (I think we did either a race gas or E85 tune a while ago)...

heywier427

Glad to see your still here.

Was just going to poke around in there and see what was what.

Many out of the box ecu's have more in them, but the tuners back out timing/add fuel, to keep things safe.

Sounds like you thought most power and less safety was the proper way to go! I agree :)

Thanks.

Edit: I have so little options for e85. It sucks. I breifly had a 900hp evo, that was e85 only. I would have to drive 45 min to fill it up (the gas tank), have a 30 gallon fuel cell in the trunk I would fill, and a few 5 gallon'ers. After a few fill ups the shop manager/owner said no more of that. It was super fun while it lasted, but not worth it :(

maxnix
Car: 1995 Infiniti Q45
1995 Infiniti Q45t
2000 Infiniti Q45

Not even Forged BBS 18x9 RGR?

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”