lol Going to pick up 2009 Rogue on Wednesday but.......

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
jdog27

Started reading the forums and got a little nervous with all the talk about trasmission problems / CVT noises and now I need some reassurance.

I will be buying a 2009 Rogue S FWD.

So help me not panic

kerrton
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL FWD Gotham Gray

JDOG, on forums like this, it's always people with problems who do the most talking. Those who are happy usually don't report.

There have been thousands of Rogues sold in North America in the first year, I saw the exact number on another post and someone will probably post it here, but I think it's well over 10,000. The Rogue has been sold and done very well in Japan and Europe, (different name, but basically the same car). All of these have the CVT. The Murano has been around since 2003, sold thousands, had some tranny troubles in the beginning but it is a very popular vehicle that sells thousands every year, and comes exclusively with the CVT now. Nissan has adopted the CVT in all of its vehicles except the heavy duty trucks, so they are obvious very confident in the technology, not only the day-to-day funcitonality, but the long-term durability as well.

Overall, the number of people experiencing problems is extremely low. On this forum there may be 40, perhaps 50 at the most, out of lets say 10,000 to make the math easy, that is 0.5% having problems. Obviously that is based on some very rough numbers, but the point is that it is very low, most owners have no troubles at all. AND this is the first model year, you're picking up a 2009 which I'm sure will be fine - it seems that the problems some are having with their tranny's is related to a bad batch of tranny's, according to feedback some have gotten from their service dept, and some actually stated a manufactured date range that produced the faulty tranny's. So your 2009 won't have to worry about this problem. Also, the majority of those affected have been AWD owners, and yours is FWD, so that's another reason not to worry.

Just relax, this is an awesome vehicle that'll give you above-average reliablility, and if you do have any problems, there is a 5 year warranty to take care of it free of charge. So just relax and enjoy!!

jdog27

Thanks for the reassurance Kerrton.

This is my first new car in 11 years (97 Accord is my current car) and have done a lot of research and reading of forums. Looking forward to having a good car and one that is different.

kerrton
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL FWD Gotham Gray

I'm the same - don't buy new cars very often, and this one needs to last me at least a decade. My tranny has that stupid rattle, but the service guys are really great, and are ordering a replacement, and are hinting that it is a bad batch of tranny's so it won't be affecting all Rogue vehicles.

Also, check out a RAV4, CRV or Subaru forum, they have tons of problems too, probably more. Or, if you dare, check out the Jeep Compass/Patriot site, those things are total crap and the list of problems is never ending. Even Toyota sucks, the RAV is having problems with the new 6-speed tranny, which they rushed to production and is WAY more complicated than a CVT, so the simplicity of the CVT should be great for long-term reliability.

mstrmstr
Car: Venom Red ROGUE 08...and 4 others

Its a whole new world of driving with the ROGUE.. Fully independent long travel suspension, a CVT, great ride and handling..sweet looks..and a LOW price by comparison.. multiple award winner.

Enjoy the ride, don't sweat the blogs and drive right by the gas pumps.

If you do develop any concerns just take it to the dealer like any other new car..the Rogue is pretty much immune to big probs like some other makes and models.

Ticmxman
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL 2WD Gotham Gray

The Rogue is hard to beat. I have had 0 problems in my 13 months of ownership, great gas milage, quiet, zippy acceleration, Bose is awesome. The only negative is maybe a little less cargo room than some of the competion but there is enough room for me.

Roguemonster
Car: 2008 Rogue SL AWD (Iridium Graphite)

There has been zero reports of said problem in 2009's.

I have 30,000 miles on my '08, and haven't had any CVT noise or problems.

2009 Indigo Blue
Car: Indigo Blue 2009 Rogue S FWD

I got my 2009 Rogue S FWD the last Sat of Sept & I'm loving it! It's my 2nd car ever in my life. My other is a '93 Honda Civic coupe. My Rogue drives & brakes so smoothly. It drives better than my Honda did when it was brand new & pushed off the showroom floor.

As I drive, I notice all the comparable compact crossover SUVs out on the road & I'm not being biased here, but the Rogue really has one of the best body styles & I think you'll be really thrilled that you got it!

jdog27

Well I picked up my Rogue last Wednesday like I said and of course I am loving it. All my friends love it too. Handles great. I get a silly grin on my face every time I get into it. Very happy.

Ticmxman
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL 2WD Gotham Gray

Congrats and welcome to the Rogue owners family... and I know the grin you are talking about.

Return to “Rogue Forum”