Locking Gas Door?

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
boooey

I really wish the Rogue had a locking Gas door. How much could that cost to have been made standard?even my wife's vibe has that.

Anyone buy any after market locking gas doors? or a locking gas cap

boooey

wow, over 90+ views, and nobody has thought about buying a locking gas cap??

common guys, there has to be someone else out there who is bothered by the fuel door not locking!!!

Modified by boooey at 10:51 AM 2/19/2008
Modified by boooey at 11:50 AM 2/19/2008

Msdarkdiva
Car: 2008 Rogue SL AWD Silver Ice

Ok... I'll admit it- I've been looking for a locking gas cap for the Rogue online- But really, from what I've seen (the ones with the rinky, dinky key) how secure can they be?

Cristen
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL FWD - Venetian Red

boooey wrote:wow, over 90+ views, and nobody has thought about buying a locking gas cap??

common guys, there has to be someone else out there who is bothered by the fuel door not locking!!!

Modified by boooey at 10:51 AM 2/19/2008

Modified by boooey at 11:50 AM 2/19/2008
Ah, I think there's already a thread on the locking gas door in here...? I read about it somewhere.

Edit; Hm, might have been another Rogue forum.

Temple240
Car: 93 s13 coupe

Advance auto/ auto zone etc. all sell locking gas caps. They might have them for the rouge.

boooey

Msdarkdiva wrote:Ok... I'll admit it- I've been looking for a locking gas cap for the Rogue online- But really, from what I've seen (the ones with the rinky, dinky key) how secure can they be?
yea, i know it would suck to have to carry another key around, and its not like its a safe protection wise, but its just as much protection as a flimsy pop open fuel door really.

neither would stop a determined thief, but its better than nothing i think

Msdarkdiva
Car: 2008 Rogue SL AWD Silver Ice

Yeah, it's something I'm considering, since gas is so expensive lately. In fact, prices just jumped up here this afternoon to $1.25 per litre!

boooey

well, in case anyone cares i picked up a locking gas cap for $18 at advance auto parts..

It works surprisingly well. i am pleased with it. its actually harder to remove than popping open a fuel door

On a side note, i started the car up with the cap off, and there was no light or warning at all.. i guess there is no sensor for that on the Rogue
Modified by boooey at 6:53 PM 2/20/2008

philipa_240sx

boooey wrote:On a side note, i started the car up with the cap off, and there was no light or warning at all.. i guess there is no sensor for that on the Rogue

Modified by boooey at 6:53 PM 2/20/2008
The test for fuel system leaks/missing gas cap is only done periodically. You may not get a warning (CEL) right away... it could take several days for it to show up.

BTW, if you look closely at the photos on nissannews.com you will notice there is no finger catch to the gas door. Perhaps the remote release was on the pre-production model in the photo and later deleted for production? Funny, since the Sentra (which the Rogue shares a chassis with) has a remote fuel door release.

Modified by philipa_240sx at 12:48 PM 2/21/2008

Return to “Rogue Forum”