Locking gas cap.

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
goldeneye
Car: Nissan Rogue 2008

Hello,

One thing that worries me is the fact that the gas cap is not locked. Is there any good replacement that has a lock?

The dealer's response was that they dont have any and dont think there will ever be. And of course warn me that aftermarket ones will not seal tightly turning the check engine light (or equivalent) light.

Thanks

Juan

Roguemeister

Has anyone found a locking gas cap for the Rogue? If so, where did you find one?

When I looked at the Rogue I couldn't believe a 2008 vehicle like that would not have a remote fuel filler door. Oh well, I was surprised that my 2008 Mazda didn't have an auxillary input for a MP3 player as well!

Ticmxman
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL 2WD Gotham Gray

I agree it should have one. But I don't think it would help if a thief wanted to steal our gas. The doors are pretty flimsey on most vehicles. But I guess with no locked fuel door the Rogue might be the easest choice in a parking lot.

philipa_240sx

The question was covered in another post:

zerothread/296767

is your friend.

You want a Stant locking gas cap part #11508. Be sure it's screwed on tight to avoid the check engine light. You should be able to find them at most auto part stores.

IMHO, locking gas caps are much better than a locking/remote release gas door which can easily be pried open.

homergreg
Car: 08 Rogue SL AWD Iridium

I think the security feature of having the gas cap on the passenger side is a great feature, it should keep many a thief from discovering the filler door at all!

At least it keeps me at bay for a few when I pull up on the wrong side of the pump!

Roguemeister

Found another one available here:

http://www.cgenterprises.com/fuelcaps/mgc907.htm

Ticmxman
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL 2WD Gotham Gray

homergreg wrote:I think the security feature of having the gas cap on the passenger side is a great feature, it should keep many a thief from discovering the filler door at all!

At least it keeps me at bay for a few when I pull up on the wrong side of the pump!
Good one, I still pull to the wrong side of the pumps at least once a month.

AznJohn22
Car: 08 Nissan Rogue

http://www.courtesyparts.com/b..._7715&

I just bought it for my car. Didn't install it as of yet.

kk
Car: 2008 Black Wicked Fully Loaded SL AWD with Premium package, Leather Package, Moon Roof Package & Nav

Ticmxman,

regarding pulling up the car at the wrong side at the gas station : the dashboard has an indicator informing that the fuel cap is on the passenger side...

this is funny... but yes.. they have it...

Palmateer
Car: 2011 Ford Mustang V6 premium convertible

Not a problem for my wife - she owned German cars in the past.
kk wrote:
regarding pulling up the car at the wrong side at the gas station : the dashboard has an indicator informing that the fuel cap is on the passenger side...

this is funny... but yes.. they have it...

arsabo
Car: 2008 Rogue SL AWD, Iridium Graphite, Leather, Moonroof

It's funny to hear people complain about the gas cap being on the passenger side -- it was actually one of the selling points for me.

1. In the "one way in" gas stations, the pumps on the passenger side are nearly always open.2. It forces me to look at the passenger side once in a while - I'm usually the only person in the vehicle, and this lets me look at the doors and tires on the passenger side while filling up.3. As pointed out to me by my salesman, you don't have to worry about opening your car door into the big pump protectors when you pull up to the pump.

I'm a bit ambivelent about locking gas caps. While it would be nice to have a door with an interior release as a small deterrent to theives and mischief makers, my mother's old Nissan Stanza Wagon (best vehicle ever made, imo) had a keyed door that meant taking the key out of the ignition and giving it to the guy who pumped her gas (she used a full service station). Not something that I would want to deal with. Especially now with my intelligent key - I love not having to fish that key out of my purse.

Return to “Rogue Forum”