lock/unlock wire.

General discussion area for the U13-chassis Altima
DJ Bran Boogy
Car: 1993 Nissan Altima

ok im still trying to install my alarm. i found where the door lock timer was and unplugged so that i can c the wire. now the sheet said that the lock/unlock wires are grey/red and grey/blue. the problem i am having is that there two wires that fit the description for the lock wire as well as unlock. there are two wires that are grey/red and two that are grey/blue. one is thicker than the other so which one do i use for the lock/unlock. the bigger 1 or little 1?

tiny56
Car: 1994 SSS Bluebird

its the smaller ones you want - they are the control wires the thicker ones are the power wires to the actuators

btw where was the timer located - im trying to do the same on a 93 and i cannot find the timer on this model - it appears to be inbuilt into the door/power window switch in the drivers door

DJ Bran Boogy
Car: 1993 Nissan Altima

wow.. some1 finally answered. thanks. to get to the timer, u must remove that metal thing covering the electronic under the wheel. towards ur left there is a silver thing about the size of a video ipod or that light above u on the headliner. anyways it is behind the silver module. i had a reeeeally hard time screwing it out so i bent it back until i could reach the harness and plug it out. the timer is a black box ABOUT the size of the rear defroster. i never really knew where it was so i kept pressing the unlock button and i started feeling for where those two ticks where coming from when u press it. i hope this helps if u didnt already get it.

Return to “1st Generation Altima Sedan (1993-1997)”