Location of subwoofer amplifier

Home of the Nissan Cube forum and CubeDriver.com
jyroflux
Car: 2009 Nissan Cube 1.8 SL

Hello! I just got my cube a couple days ago. I want to try to change the crossover settings for the Rockford Fosgate subwoofer amp but I don't know where it's located.

My cube is steel gray with black cloth interior. So far I love it.

damian666robin
Car: 2009 nissan cube

jyroflux wrote:Hello! I just got my cube a couple days ago. I want to try to change the crossover settings for the Rockford Fosgate subwoofer amp but I don't know where it's located.

My cube is steel gray with black cloth interior. So far I love it.
as far as i know is like this: cube Krom (haves amp)cube s or sl (no amp)

just like the xterra with rockford and no rockford system, before i swap my system some fool at a sound shop was swearing the amp was under the passenger side seat but there was never nothing under there, all the power was coming out of the oem estereo

jyroflux

Well the website says (for SL Preferred Package): "Premium speaker upgrade plus Rockford Fosgate-powered subwoofer."

The printed brochure says (for SL Preferred Package): "Rockford Fosgate subwoofer and amplifier."

So, either there is an amp or the subwoofer is powered. In the latter case the amp would be part of the subwoofer I suppose. Yea, I was searching online and someone said it might be under the passenger seat, but the vent is under there. I also read it might be under the carpet and above the spare tire, but I haven't had the chance to check. I was hoping someone would know for sure.

I think the system would sound a lot better if the subwoofer only handled 60-70 hz and below. As it is now, it is too 'boomy'.

Thanks for the reply.

zinker
Car: 2005 Ford Focus soon to be a Cube!

I just bought one of these - should pick it up Tuesday (Aug 11th). I haven't had a chance to hear the sound system yet but I'm hoping it will be ok. Can you de-boomifiy it using the head unit controls?

jyroflux

zinker wrote:I just bought one of these - should pick it up Tuesday (Aug 11th). I haven't had a chance to hear the sound system yet but I'm hoping it will be ok. Can you de-boomifiy it using the head unit controls?
There is only bass and treble on the head unit. It might not bother other people as much, but I'd like to be able to set the subwoofer to kick in at a lower frequency than it does now. I'm kinda thinking it's a powered sub as opposed to having a separate amp. I'm just not ready to tear into the back door to see.

damian666robin
Car: 2009 nissan cube

jyroflux wrote:
There is only bass and treble on the head unit. It might not bother other people as much, but I'd like to be able to set the subwoofer to kick in at a lower frequency than it does now. I'm kinda thinking it's a powered sub as opposed to having a separate amp. I'm just not ready to tear into the back door to see.
yeah cause by then it will be as equal as replace the whole entire system, dont be so scared of it is not so bad

Return to “Cube Forum”