Location of "Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor"? 1996 Q

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
jedi_sol
Car: 1996 Infiniti Q45

Hi guys,

Im not sure if you remember, i posted a few CEL's a few weeks ago (zerothread?id=134277) concerning the ECT sensors. Well I was just wondering if it was something i can do while i replace the knock sensors? or if it was an easier job that i can do without removing the plenum?

But before i can make a decision, i need to know where they are, haha. Everythingnissan.com shows that they are $20, so i figured it's cheap enough to fix now.

So if anybody has a picture from the FSM, or a very detailed description, i would really appreciate it.

Thanx.James

jedi_sol
Car: 1996 Infiniti Q45

D'oh, apparently i cant read =\
elwesso wrote:basically the 2 codes you listed are for the same sensor... my guess, is that the knock sensor harness is bad since it lists both KS, and the engine coolant temp sensor as bad....... Possibly it came unplugged? Either way, you need to replace the KS and harness and the coolant temp harness is hooked on with that...
Anyways, thanx for looking.

James

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”