Local stealership lost a customer

A General Discussion forum for cars and other topics, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to NICO!
datechboss101
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SL -- RIP
2018 Nissan Kicks SR -- RIP
2019 Nissan Rogue SV w/ Prem. Pack

Been taking the Rogues since 2016 to Reed Nissan Orlando. For the past 6 years, they been accepting coupons from other dealers, especially the ones where we bought the Rogues from. Saturday, was when they lost me as a customer permanently. The SM is a complete douchebag (sorry for the "immature word" but that's more appropriate word for the internet). I came in for an Oil Change and Tire rotation. Normal price is $100 OTD (which is too high for a Rogue for 4.5 qrts; I pay roughly this for my MDX which takes 5.7 qrts). I come in with the usual coupon that I always bring. This guy says "accept the coupon" but don't do the Tire rotation (I was willing to pay for the Tire rotation). And then this guy flagged me in the system, for bringing valid and legitimate coupons from Nissan.

Now looking at taking this Rogue to a Honda dealer for future service, but then I messaged my contact over at Acura of Pembroke Pines for the Acura ZDX EV (based off of the Cadillac Lyriq), with the Rogue as a trade-in.

Bubba1
Car: 2003 Nissan 350z
2024 Honda HR-V
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

Curious why do you insist on using "stealerships". They are normally the most expensive option for repairs and your car is out of warranty. A good independent shop will usually be cheaper and more willing work with you and without the coupon gimmicks that dealers frequently resort to using.

datechboss101

Perfect excuse is I am lazy. But real reason is parents. Then again, the Rogue is my parents car.

I have to start looking at indie shops, since the stealership ain't worth it. Honda quoted me $98 OTD for the Rogue for OC & TR; I did pay $33 OTD for the TR today, since it was last minute and the SA there had to squeeze me in with the appointments (talk about Nissan doing half-@$5 jobs; sorry about the language).

Buzzman
Car: 2017 Mazda 6 GT
2023 Kia Stinger Elite V6 AWD.

I'm sure the dealership is really upset to see you go.....NOT.

ricebike
Car: 1989 240sx se 5spd (donated to my brother in law)
2002 Quest
2005 Altima

sigh, even the aftermarket retailer pepboys are pretty high in labor charges ($133/hour plus "shop fees")

just keep a pre~emptive maintenance process on the CVT transmission~ early oil changes (with OEM only fluids) & a consideration of improving the trans cooling system with an aftermarket one with an integrated cold weather valve (but i don't know if needed in FL...)

i stayed away from newer nissans in general with the CVT because of problems like the following article:

https://www.nicoclub.com/archives/nissa ... ecall.html

i liked the rouge and cube models, but just resorted to maintaining my other models instead

hopefully, the later model rogues has a sufficient cooling system but read on the following:

https://www.nicoclub.com/archives/nissa ... oling.html

if you buy a set of tires from a local/national retail chain, just add the road hazard protection plan & the rotations will be built-in to the life of those tires. since you also don't wish to do the oil changes yourself... may as well look into what they charge for the simple maintenance item while you're doing your research.

stealerships are only for warranty work or specific jobs with no confidence of an independent shop doing it. :whistle:

ps; hope to see you at the mdx.org forums (wife has the first gen & im "notmycar" over there, LoL)

datechboss101

ricebike wrote:
Wed Oct 26, 2022 12:38 pm
sigh, even the aftermarket retailer pepboys are pretty high in labor charges ($133/hour plus "shop fees")

just keep a pre~emptive maintenance process on the CVT transmission~ early oil changes (with OEM only fluids) & a consideration of improving the trans cooling system with an aftermarket one with an integrated cold weather valve (but i don't know if needed in FL...)

i stayed away from newer nissans in general with the CVT because of problems like the following article:

https://www.nicoclub.com/archives/nissa ... ecall.html

i liked the rouge and cube models, but just resorted to maintaining my other models instead

hopefully, the later model rogues has a sufficient cooling system but read on the following:

https://www.nicoclub.com/archives/nissa ... oling.html

if you buy a set of tires from a local/national retail chain, just add the road hazard protection plan & the rotations will be built-in to the life of those tires. since you also don't wish to do the oil changes yourself... may as well look into what they charge for the simple maintenance item while you're doing your research.

stealerships are only for warranty work or specific jobs with no confidence of an independent shop doing it. :whistle:

ps; hope to see you at the mdx.org forums (wife has the first gen & im "notmycar" over there, LoL)
Ayeee, now we talking. Its actually not uncommon to run into fellow forum members in other forums. Glad to see you over at MDXers.

Return to “General Chat”