local dealer=no new Q's

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
Chansen
Car: Q45

I went to my local dealer today to drool over the new Q.Well they had none in stock.The sales person told me that most dealers dont have Q's in stock.is this guy for real??He also told me that ppl never ask for a Q. BTW I only seen two other Y33 in my city and both times it was two old ladys.I kinda understand better why ppl stare at me when at a red light.

Someone in Nico has a signature that says something to the effect ofeveryone wants a car like mine they just dont know what it iswell that person is right

nchopp
Car: 2007 BMW M6
2002 Infiniti Q45
2005 Infiniti QX56

That Salesperson doesn't know what he's talking about. Most dealers are all but required to keep at least one of the flagship vehicles of said line on their lot.

Jesda

Even in Spokane WA where the Nissan and Infiniti dealer are in one combined showroom and there's usually only a handful of G35s, there's always a Q. Last time I saw a new Q there it was in the back under wraps.

Chansen

Hmm...weird,the same dealer owns a benz lot and every benz is low end,no 500's or anything like that.to make this story funny the 1st time I went to the dealer the service ppl asked me if it was my car (the Q) I told them yeah I just bought it.well they knew the proir owner ,they knew the car just by looking at it,they were like oh this was Mrs. so and so car.right then and there I knew the Q was not popular down here and only a handful around.werid huh

Q_SHIP
Car: 1999 Q45T with a billion miles.

Thats my signature.

International Auto's (my local, Infiniti, MB,BMW,AUDI,Porsche Dealer), has about 6 new Q's in the front row at all times.

Chansen

Q_SHIP,I love it.I'm from NYC moved down to TX about 3yrs ago cause of work,El paso is a border city.60% of the pop down here drives F-150's,back home benz and bmw are a dime a dozen.I'm starting to think the reason behind lack of luxury cars here is because income is lower.I think thats why every mechanic looks at the Q and thinks its from a diff planet (under the hood)

Rex
Car: None

Where's Evan, he could "officially" weigh in on this???

Evan (Ez_evy or something like that) has posted before about dealers and their philosophy on carrying these top of the line cars. I'm sure he'll fill us in when he sees this.

gniknave
Car: 2000 Audi A6 2.8 Quattro
2008 Honda Civic EX (Sedan)

Right on cue...

Infiniti's product lineup is growing faster than the dealerships can expand. Infiniti's product lineup never exceeded 4 vehicles until 2002 (when the G35 debuted). When the G35 sedan was released, followed by the G35 coupe, followed by the Motor Trend Car of the Year award, sales skyrocketed beyond anyones expectations. Then later came the FX, then followed the current M35/45.

At this point there's a full lineup with plans for more product, yet if you see the size of the average Infiniti dealer's showroom and parking lot, you'd see it's just big enough to store a lineup the size of Scion's, and not much more. The dealership I was at became so overcrowded that it came to a point where employees could no longer park ANYWHERE in the parking lot. We had to rent out a parking lot across the street at a hotel so we can park, and it's STILL overcrowded!

Point being, there's little to no room on the lot for a car that's not going to sell. Every other car in the lineup is either hot, or is moving at the expected rate. At this point, most dealers get shipments of Q45's once a month (considering most dealers get shipments twice a week). In the Q45 bunch, they only get one or two, if that. For the dealer I was at, it was a miracle if a Q45 sold. Until 5 months ago, we still had two brand new 2002 Q45's on the lot with less than 20 miles on them. They kept getting moved around the lot to make room for the incoming product. They ended up being sold below invoice just to get them out.

Nowadays, most dealers keep just one Q45 on the lot just to show. If the customer really wants a Q, then they either take that one, or they special order it, since most people that want a Q45 usually go in asking for it anyway.

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”