Little things can be such a big deal...educate me

NICO's official source for Nissan upholstery, carpet, headliners, and trim information!
Encryptshun
Car: 2005 Xterra

Okay, so when I bought my 93 hatch the previous owner had pulled out all the trim from the console forward and spraypainted it black. (I don't ask why anymore, I just accept and move on.) Anyway, when he did the "reinstall" about 100% of the original screws and bolts were missing (some had been replaced with machine screws that don't really hold). Now I have the lovely task of trying to replace them when I don't have a single original fastener for reference.

I've scoured all the OEM parts sites, eghey, several part-out threads, and the FSM, but it's damn near impossible to find the fasteners alone or info on part #s, etc.

Anyone know either sizes/thread patterns for dash, steering wheel cover and console fasteners or know of a reputable place I can buy them AM or OEM? Or sould I just bite the bullet and call Nissan?

0wn3r
Car: 1997 Nissan 240sx SE track car (SR20DET, caged)

There's always part-outs on here. Try finding one and having them either send you the trim and all the pieces you need.

Hijacker
Car: '92 240sx Convertible
'94 F-150

For things like that. Clips etc. Your best bet is to junkyard it. You could go to the dealer and describe which fasteners you need and they MIGHT be able to get you the stuff. Typically the dealership will only get plastic clips and the plastic screws (like what hold the door sil plate down etc)

Encryptshun

Thanks, fellas.

Do you know the size and thread pattern specs? I need the 4 that hold the cluster bezel onto the dash, 2 for the steering column over/under trim, 3 or 4 that hold on each of the front kick panels (fuse box panel and matching from passenger side), and the ones that secure the console.

If I could just get someone to tell me how long, what diameter, and thread spacing, I could just get them at a parts store. I'm sure that they are pretty standard sizes, since they're JDM and JDM is cool like that.

Encryptshun

Bump for still needing assistance?

bmadd2402
Car: Twin Turbo-shaft UH-60L, 1992 RB-240sx

just pull some of the scews and such from the same area, see if they work where you are missing one, and go to the autozone and buy more. there are really only a few sizes of fastener they use, so it should be easy.

Encryptshun

bmadd2402 wrote:just pull some of the scews and such from the same area, see if they work where you are missing one, and go to the autozone and buy more. there are really only a few sizes of fastener they use, so it should be easy.
Problem is that in the critical areas I don't have ANY to use for reference, or, no offense, I'd have done that already.

Right now I'm just going through the FSM, getting the part numbers for the screws I need, and will call Nissan to ask for the part description (i.e. diameter, length, pitch, head type). Might do a write-up when I'm done.

bmadd2402
Car: Twin Turbo-shaft UH-60L, 1992 RB-240sx

I will pull some screws from my car and go check them out if you want. I know the steering trim and the console use self taping screws (Dunno size) and I'm pretty sure the bezel does too. my kick panels are missing some fasteners too. Didnt mean to insult your intelligence.

Encryptshun

First off, thanks a ton for helping me out. Whatever assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Second, I didn't think you were insulting my intelligence -- believe me, there is no way I could possibly feel dumber than "der...what screws do I need?" LOL

I need to make friends who drive 240s (ones that still have interiors in their cars) that I actually get to see in the really-real world.

Return to “Interiors”