little black box PCV related? has any one ever replaced it?

Information on the naturally-aspirated KA24E and KA24DE engines.
s13rb25det
Car: 92 240sx w/rb25det

hey, my 91 s13 has been burning oil when I take off from a stop after it has been warmed up. it doent do it on start up or any thing like that, just when I take off from a stop or under hard acceloration. I changed my oil to 10w-30 high mileage and that help a little bit, but I still get a pretty good blue cloud when I take off!! I ran a dry compression test and a the cylinders were around 150psi I looked at my plugs and they show no signs of oil or fouling. also I dont think this is a valve or valve stem concern because I have zero smoke at start. up soon I do a leak down test but first I am going to change my pcv valve because it is oem. the little steel black box that the pcv valve threads into I was told is a filter that only lets oil vapor and not solid liquid though the pcv system, if this box is old and damaged this might be my problem! any way my question is has any one ever changed this box out? and what is needed to remove it? I ordered it from nissan for $70 and the valve for $8 so I hope this is the problem! also I plan on getting it from the bottom of the engine, is this the easiest way? what do you remove the alt,oil filter,sending unit, any thing else? thanks

pr240sx

Valve seals are gone!!Under high vaccum oil get pat the valves

camfaj
Car: 1997 Nissan Pickup XE 4x4

let me know how it goes. I have a huge oil leak at that "little black box" and am wondering how to remedy it.

Return to “KA24E / KA24DE Forum”