Lit Sleepy Eyes Write Up

General discussion forum about the 240sx, and a great place to introduce yourself to the board!
wzntha

Last edited by wzntha on Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

le_ryan
Car: Mazda 3 / 91 nissan S13 SR

i thought that happend with another sleepy eye mod you tryed, the one with the relays.......this was pulled from the "sleepy looking lights thread"
wzntha wrote:i tried to do what the video said, but after taking the relay off, i didn't know if i was suppose to disconnect the battery. now, my left signal light won't turn on(except when im signalling). my tail lights won't turn on either. the centerpiece and the yellow part of the tail light doesn't work, but the red part of it still turns on. i really need help on this because i have no clue how to fix this. any advice is appreciated.

ghettoslide
Car: '90 240sx, '91 240sx, '98 DSM, '05 Avalance

This **** roxs. Thanx man!!!!!!!

le_ryan

ghettoslide wrote:This **** roxs. Thanx man!!!!!!!
Sticky peeeeese?

le_ryan

What the crap guys, i cant get no custom title love?! Or is it just not good enough?Anyone?

lain
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa S

vroom-chirp wrote:I made this because i didnt see it in the articles, i thought this would make it easy to follow if you have never even heard of a 240sx before....Thats why its so detailed..oh well
Never even heard of a 240sx? Do you know what forums your posting in? ( Don't know if that made sense of if it was necessary(What I said that is).

ANYWAYS

Nice stuff here...I think I can find most of this stuff at home depot (seeing that I work there) if not I'll probably head to AutoZone to pick up whatever I didn't get. Thanks again for the write up and this should be a sticky!!!! <--Out of all the faces....why does this one have to be black?! Man racist...jk! Alright off to home depot!

One_Love
Car: 1995 nissan 240sx

lain wrote:
Never even heard of a 240sx? Do you know what forums your posting in? ( Don't know if that made sense of if it was necessary(What I said that is).
wow

he is talking about people that have never heard of 240s that wanted to do some research. Thats where his write up comes in.

masticatingcow
Car: 94 Mazda FD3S

Looks like a great writeup!

I'll pass it along to the powers that be. I think it's article-worthy, but then again, it's not my decision ultimately.

lain
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa S

One_Love wrote:
wow

he is talking about people that have never heard of 240s that wanted to do some research. Thats where his write up comes in.
Lol sorry foo I guess I just didn't understand it correctly. Don't trip <3

KingMe
Car: 1993 Nissan 240sx, 1996 Honda Prelude

I've been tryna figure out how to do that for some time now. Thanks Great Write-up. I <3 DIY's

wzntha

Last edited by wzntha on Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

CHUCKNORRIS240SX
Car: 1993 NORRIS 240SX

vroom-chirp: Great write up bro, keep up the good work, your car is super clean.

le_ryan

wzntha wrote:vroom-chirp, how did you mount the switch there? everything else works for me now, but i don't how/where to mount the switch.
On the back of your switch should be a threaded cap that you can remove.To mount it in the location i used, you have to pry those fake buttons off the dash with a screw driver (they pop right out) then you have to make a hole big enough for the back of the switch to fit into.After that, just screw that cap onto the switch, thus holding it in place, then just pop the fake buttons with your new switch back on and thats it...I think mine was actually the O/D off light, So the hole was already started, i just made it bigger....Thanx for all the compliments guys, hope this helps everyone interested.

KingMe
Car: 1993 Nissan 240sx, 1996 Honda Prelude

Already had the materials on hand. Took bout 15 mins bcuz of your instructions, thanks!

Pho King
Car: Red hatchback.

I just had one question...I'm a newb at electrical stuff btw...where do I wire "Power to LED" at? This DIY was very easy! The diagram itself was very informative.

I mounted on the fake switch, underneath my headlight switch, but it broke in the process of putting a hole through it...I told exactly what would happend, when my friend drilled it for me too! But no, he didn't listen and the button got caught up, spinned around all violently, and flew across the garage...Oh well, going to the junkyard tomorrow morning!

Thanks again for the great writeup!

le_ryan

Pho King wrote:...where do I wire "Power to LED" at? !
When working on another mod, i used a "noid light" ( looks like a screwdriver with a light inside the handle.)Probe a few wires that arent in use, i used the O/D off indicator light wireing, since i had swaped over to 5spd, it was no longer in use, probe the wires and find the one that makes the noid light turn on and thats your power.Connect that to the "ground" on the switch, and tape off the other wire left, and it should work.Im not one thats too into electrical stuff but that seemed to work fine for me.Mabey if someone that knows, can confirm that this is ok to do, but like i said it worked fine for me.

wzntha

Last edited by wzntha on Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pho King

wzntha wrote:i finally mounted it, but i didn't mount it the same place you did. i mounted it on the fake switch under the headlight switch, but unlike Pho King, mines didn't crack. prolly cause i got my dad to help me drill it. i'll try to get some pics of it. btw vroom-chirp, great write-up and thanks for the help!

also if anyone else wants to mount their switch on the fake switch button, you should try to use a hand drill (not the power drills). you also should try to cut out the plastic pieces inside the button if your button won't fit.
Sweetness...I just picked up a button from the junkyard, well...it's the defroster button from the other side. Both look same size...except I got more plastic to cut from the inside, haha. Where can I get this hand drill tool, you speak of...?

Pho King

Oh yeah! The pic!

wzntha

Last edited by wzntha on Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

peaksja
Car: Nissan 1990 240sx SE

Great write-up! I have been floating around at other forums...feels good to be back!

le_ryan

peaksja wrote:Great write-up! I have been floating around at other forums...feels good to be back!

gp_says
Car: 92 RB26dett coupe , 93 vert , 92 vert w/ 5speed

thanx...help alot!

dsc4130

vroom i guess im going to have to bribe you to come out and do this to my car. me and wiring, not happening. so how is your beautiful s13. btw im glad to see your "working so hard"

le_ryan

gp_says wrote:thanx...help alot!
dsc4130 wrote:vroom i guess im going to have to bribe you to come out and do this to my car. me and wiring, not happening. so how is your beautiful s13. btw im glad to see your "working so hard"
Andy, hey man, any time, you just let me know when you want it done, PM me on Driftstl or call, You've helped me more times than i can count.
dsc4130 wrote: btw im glad to see your "working so hard"
Hardly workin

explictness
Car: WTB 90 - 96 240SX MANUAL

this is sexyy, me and my friend will do this to our 240's.

le_ryan

explictness wrote:this is sexyy, me and my friend will do this to our 240's.
Dont forget the pics!!

night240
Car: Nissan 95

I got one question is there anything bad when u r doing sleepy eyes?

le_ryan

night240 wrote:I got one question is there anything bad when u r doing sleepy eyes?
.... you mean when driving with the sleepy eyes engaged? Nope, infact alot of track cars use this to allow alittle more air flow to keep engine temps down.

This is a completly safe mod, ive had no problems at all, its been done on my car for almost 5 months now, and i use it almost every day.

night240
Car: Nissan 95

vroom-chirp wrote:
.... you mean when driving with the sleepy eyes engaged? Nope, infact alot of track cars use this to allow alittle more air flow to keep engine temps down.

This is a completly safe mod, ive had no problems at all, its been done on my car for almost 5 months now, and i use it almost every day.
ah icic ok , thanks um...one more question where do you guys switches inorder to do the sleepy eyes.

Return to “240sx General Discussion”