List of things for 2008 G37s sport coupe Engine upgrades, transmission and driveshaft to get "maximum effort"

The G-Series Tuning Forum is the place to discuss G35/G37 performance modifications and mechanical repair.
Pbaxjoker13
Car: 2008 G37 Sport 2dr. 87k miles

Please be honest guys and i apologize for this long message but im looking to dump 15k-20k into my car that will have close 60k miles on it by the time im done. I live on oahu. So a lot of stuff is more expensive for me to do than most others around the u.s.a. and world bc of shipping.
I want to do the jwt c2 cam for one, but i dont know about long tube headers (which ones that would go great with the deep growl sound) and what to connect with full exhaust and how the exhaust should be to get and keep that deep rumble and max power without sounding like a trombone and what needs to be deleted or added, uprev tuning, mid-top notch coilovers (that dont sit too low but just above the tires), what type of sway or strut bars would be best, what type of tuning i should do to bottom end and transmission to get max power and torque without using TT, but to be able to put TT after December 2020 just fine. I want to do all the power i can and keep it street legal, im tired of seeing these types of cars only for style on this island and i think its nigh time that some of the "gear heads" here that have pavement princesses find out what a real g37s sport coupe can do.
You can make fun of me all you want to bc of this post, im not a gear hear, i dont talk gear head (as you can tell) but that does not mean that i cannot learn a thing or two about these types of cars and learn how to work on them myself. Thank you for your time reading this. Mahalo.

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

Not making fun of yiu in any way..

But.. thats a lot of money, it might be easier to sell the car and that the money from that plus the 16k-20k you were looking to spend and simply buy an Infiniti Q50 red Sport.
And on that car tuning it much easier..
Or a Silver sport for less money and then tune it up to the extra power you clearly seem to crave.

Used Q50s ('16 and up) with the VR30DTT starts in the high teens of k... used Redsports in the mid 20s

Pbaxjoker13

Oh, no thank you. I despise the look of the q50 and q60. Kinda why i bought the g37s sport coupe 6 speed and not the q50 or q60.

PalmerWMD

I get you... the G37 is pretty sweet and classic... you have a lot of things planned...
I know nothing about the cams..

But I can tell you this, your stock internals are good enough for a moderate TT setup. add hiflow cats as your only additional mod and then an Uprev retune on the dyno..
The stock exhaust is actually pretty good (except for the cats) albeit heavier than many aftermarkets.

I ran the AAM hi flows before on a SCed 350Z (411 whp with Vortech, hi flow cats and a tune..on a '04 VQ35de starting to hit the limit in fuel though..) , they were not cheap but worked well.

Keep in mind TT kits are not cheap ( are u installing yourself or letting a shop do it?) so you are eating up most of your budgets right there..
Sometimes you can snag a mildy used one off the forums for a deal.

These 7 speed auto trannies seem solid enough to stand up to a moderate TT job.. But once u get to 500 hp the level ten kit for the Valvebody is probably needed, which is not cheap..
If you have the 6M all you need is an upgraded clutch and there are many good choices out there for that.

Pbaxjoker13

I was looking at the the AAM TT setup but im thinking just getting the stage 3 long block and the SOHO supercharger. Been looking at the TT setups and they are nice, dont get me wrong, but after doing a little bit of research for the past few weeks, im leaning more towards the SC setup. Less, expensive and easier to diagnose if anything happens. I said to myself, f*** it, might as well do 20k in upgrades. Only got like 7k more to go before i start buying the parts.
Some stuff im installing but most of it is going to be done by a shop.
Thank you for your reply. Its greatly appreciated and thank you so much for your time that you took to reply to me. Time is the most precious commodity in the universe.

PalmerWMD

Checked the SOHO SC kit.. gotta say real interesting.. lots less money too.
Did not know someone had put together a SC kit for this dual intake engine.

With the stock inetrnals being stout enough for good boost are u sure u wanna spend the money on going all out?
With a VQ35de that woulda been more critical (even though I never did it and stopped short of that stage, I went to what I would all stage 2 minus, that is one pulley higher than base but w/o the fuel solution or a built block..so we took off a couple hundred revs off the top and lowerd the rev limiter to prevent the AFRs from going too lean at max revs)
Still had a LOT of fun with this Fri and Saturday nites..
Last edited by PalmerWMD on Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pbaxjoker13

Yeah, im am sure to spend the money. Just wanna see how much fun these cars can really be. Honestly, im tired of these g37's on oahu, maui and big island for looks instead of for performance.
In 2022 im buying the new corvette. Was gonna buy it this year but im gonna wait until 2022.

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

Without boost the G37 platform can only achieve up to 330whp +/- with full bolt-on's and a custom tune. While they are fun cars, and pretty damn stable, they are not hugely competitive to platforms which are 12 years newer. Another option would be a LS swap if you are going to spend that much on upgrades.

Pbaxjoker13

Im doing soho suprr charger A2A. Bout to buy it in 2 weeks.

Return to “G35 and G37 Engine, Drivetrain & Tuning”