Limited color choices...?

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
waltaz

So here in Arizona, I've been looking at an EX35 vs. an Acura RDX, and am leaning towards the EX. Trim would be Journey RWD w/Nav, Prem, Luxe Style, Roof Rails and whatever else might come on a particular vehicle (crossbars, cargo protector, wood trim, etc. - I'm flexible).

I asked my dealer to see what is in Arizona with these options, and there are only three (3) - two Blue Slate and one Scarlet Silver. I'm really not into either - I'd prefer Black or the Currant color with Wheat. (BTW, I just bought a G35 for my wife in Platinum Graphite/Stone, so don't want to get a second Platinum Graphite Infiniti for the garage - seems weird).

So is Blue Slate really? Is Scarlet Silver a "women's" color? Why aren't there more color combos? Any other colors jump out (for a guy)?

Thanks all!

Mark Booth

Blue Slate is very dark. Not my cup of tea.

You might want to consider checking with dealers here in Southern California. Some of the dealerships here have over 40 EX35s in stock. You would have a much better selection in colors and options and, perhaps, even get a better deal. Fly out and drive it home!

Mark

waltaz

Mark Booth wrote:Blue Slate is very dark. Not my cup of tea.

You might want to consider checking with dealers here in Southern California. Some of the dealerships here have over 40 EX35s in stock. You would have a much better selection in colors and options and, perhaps, even get a better deal. Fly out and drive it home!

Mark
That's crossed my mind...who would you recommend?

Also, I've heard that by law, dealership can't tint the windows as part of an appearance package. Is that so? What do most people do - tint after the fact?

JT4
Car: EX35 2WD Journey Prem/Nav/Luxe/Tech

waltaz wrote:Also, I've heard that by law, dealership can't tint the windows as part of an appearance package. Is that so? What do most people do - tint after the fact?
My Infiniti FX and BMW X5 before that came with it's rear and hatch windows nicely tinted from the factory as part of some package. I believe they called it "privacy glass". From what I understand it is the front driver's and passenger windows that the law is usually concerned about and many if not most states have laws regarding how dark they can be tinted. I left my FX front windows alone but had the X5 front windows tinted one shade darker than the law allows and never had an issue with it.

Exceptional Woman
Car: Infiniti EX AWD

I just tinted my EX this past weekend. I didn't have time to put pictures up yet, but it came out really good! It looks so sleek with the tint bringing out the chrome and curves. I went with 35% in the front and back. Not sure about Arizona, but this is legal in CT. I would imagine at least 35% is legal there with all that desert sun!!

JT4
Car: EX35 2WD Journey Prem/Nav/Luxe/Tech

Exceptional Woman wrote:I just tinted my EX this past weekend.
Did you finally go with the bronze? Waiting for pics.....

Exceptional Woman
Car: Infiniti EX AWD

JT4 wrote:
Did you finally go with the bronze? Waiting for pics.....
You are so funny with the popcorn!!!! I didn't get the bronze because everyone was making fun of it, asking why I wanted to go back to the 80s. I still think it would look good with my interior and didn't want standard black. In the end I went in between. It's a weird shade of charcoal with some brownish undertones in it. It looks very classy at the 35%. He also measured the factory glass and said a 35% tint would end up with 28% given the darker than normal factory glass.

I am working at home today and will take some pics during my "lunch break".

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”