Lightwerkz Headlight Retrofit / Custom Taillights Install (‘08 2.5 SL Sedan)

General discussion area for the L32-chassis Altima

What you need to know:

Sometimes things in life are not for everyone. This post is for those of you who have SUPREME standards, and can afford to pay to have them met. If you would rather settle for mediocrity or are only concerned with finding the cheapest deals, there's nothing for you here.

Funny, I used to think that ANY shop could give good service, that they would fix whatever bad work they did. But then I realized.. why would I WANT to get something fixed? Why would I WANT the stress of shipping things back.. or worse, settle for less than perfect because it was too much trouble to have it redone? What good are promises of satisfaction when it takes a wannabe 5 tries to deliver?

That’s when I found Lightwerkz. Caesar at Lightwerkz has the history and the skill to NOT make rookie mistakes, to make it PERFECT the FIRST time - without cutting corners. No matter how busy he was, I always felt like I was priority #1. By the end of the project, I had sent him exactly 176 emails.. he unbelievably addressed them ALL.

Light modification is an art, be smart about who you choose as your artist.

Thanks to Caesar, I am in love with my Alti now.. and it gets better every time I turn on my lights (keep in mind that if you don’t like my design, you can make your own..)

What I bought:

- plug and play harness, no splicing or messing with electrical, includes relays and power wires, plugs right into the car, no HID firing issues!- 5000K Philips bulbs + D2S HID kit- Superwhite indicator bulbs for parking lights- Chrome turning signals- s2000 projectors + ocular shrouds (other projectors just don't compare)- headlight amber removal- special taillight opening procedure (very labor intensive), red out turn signals- custom painting on heads and tails, color matched to my paint code- angel eyes, mounted on shrouds

What I didn't buy, but got anyways:

- near instantaneous replies to emails, 24/7- high resolution pictures of every stage of the project- lifetime warranty on parts (unlike most, he's been in business for years, and will continue to be)- expert opinion on how to make things look good, including telling me NO when I came up with stupid or unsafe ideas- painting/mounting/design techniques second to none- a devotion to perfection (Caesar will actually be MORE disturbed than you if something isn't right)- proper light opening/sealing with Nissan sealant, and laborious scraping off of old plastic sealant, to prevent condensation and fittament issues- a multi-stage masking/priming/painting/baking process to ensure perfect lines and no chemical hazing from heat exposure, which ruins your lights- an actual storefront, and the peace of mind that comes with that

What I paid:

- over $1500 for heads and tails (I decided to do everything in one shot, you don’t have to)- + more for shipping, Hoen xenomatch foglight bulbs, extra set of taillights, extra set of headlights- please contact Ceasar for pricing of the things you want to do (email: [email protected], website: HID Projector Headlight Retrofit for Subaru, Honda, BMW, Scion and More | LightWerkz.net)

Some tips:

- purchase a spare set of heads and tails, give Caesar the time he needs to do his job right- make sure all shipments are double-boxed, pay for extra packing material, its worth it- beware ANYONE else that claims to open the 4th gen alti tails. We went through MULTIPLE sets of taillights to get it right, there is a technique to it which requires an experienced professional

*** NOTE ***

There are no pics of the angel eyes yet I do not want them to be on all the time so I have nothing to wire them into. I am planning on mounting a switch in the near future and will add pics of them after it is all done. It’s snowing and cold as hell here so that may take a while.

<FONT SIZE=""4"">Install PICS</FONT>

Closeup pics of the heads and tails:

New Nissan Altima - High-Intensity

Heres how they came boxed, the last thing you want is UPS damaging your precious investment:

http://i414.photobucket.com/al...s.jpg

Heres where to mount the ballast and tuck in wires:

Heres the difference between the stock halogens and 5000K projectors (notice the nice sparkle of the LED parking light):

Up close, and shows how nicely all the pieces tucks away in the bumper:

Heres what 5000K looks like with the Hoen Xenomatch foglight bulbs, stock bulbs had a dirty pee color to them:

What the headlight looks like from up top:

From the side:

From the front:

Heads and tails, notice how the tails now look stock "smoked":

Redded out turn signals in action:

Tails normally (keep in mind that the reflection of the lens throws it off a bit, but the paint inside the tails matches PERFECTLY with the car in real life:

So obviously I am going for a clean, simple look.. if you have a different design in mind, just let them know

Modified by 970170 at 4:23 PM 11/22/2008

Modified by 970170 at 7:38 PM 11/22/2008
Modified by 970170 at 5:05 PM 11/26/2008

mpbclutch33
Car: 2008 Altima Coupe 3.5L, 6-speed, Radiant Silver.

Looks amazingly clean. I can't vouch for spending that kind of money on headlights when it could go towards a turbo kit, but each their own. They look great! Nice Work LightWerks!

It was alot of money, but thats how much it bothered me

I figure better to waste it on the car than to keep losing it in the stock market, lol.
Modified by 970170 at 7:16 PM 11/22/2008

noshift
Car: 07 altima

the tails!!

mcheddadi
Car: R8

lol you in montreal? I'm in montreal too ha!

Well glad you like your lights. Plug and play harnesses must be nice

but I don't like your little intro, everyone knows who you are directing your criticism at.

I'll be wowed when I see Caesar attack some Coupe headlights.

..which is why we live in a democracy and as you have your opinion, I will staunchly defend mine. You'll notice I'm only noting my own thought processes in case anyone out there thinks like me, no point in pointing fingers and starting another pointless flame war

MTL too eh? sweet, now that I think of it, I've probably seen you on the road!!

Damn have a feeling les canadiens aren't going to get very far this year.. even with all that talent!

kuhan
Car: 2008 350Z Enthusiast 6-speed

looks good.

Let see some pics of the cutoff of those s2000 projectors w/ 5k hid.

588mph

nice what k hids did u go with?

Return to “4th Generation Altima Sedan (2007-2012)”