lights not turning on

1965-1971 Datsun 521 forums. All 520 and 521 topics and discussion can be found here.
netfreak

Discovered the other day that the switch in the truck to control the lights no longer does anything. I've verified that all the lights themselves work fine, but no longer turn on with the switch. I pulled the switch out and wired another one up to test, yet it still doesn't work. The fuses looked fine but I'll use a multimeter on them today.

If it does boil down to some weird wire broken inside the dash, is there an easy way to remove everything? The haynes manual isn't too specific on the 521. Also, does anyone know where exactly the headlight and tail light wiring runs? I may just want to splice it into something else

netfreak

nevermind, traced it back to rusted contacts on the fuse box. a bit of a relief :)

71-521

that's always the first place to look..

there has been several nos fuse boxes on ebay receintly...I bought one and it's just the ticket for rusty terminals!

apos

Yep, I have problems after it rains for awhile. Just need to take them (fuses) out and dry it all off!

netfreak

I also discovered that the tip of the fuse was loose, and actually fell off today! They probably hadn't been replaced in years.

Return to “Datsun 520 / 521”