Lighter Adapter?

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
desiguy

Hello All, Has anyone tried using the light adapter? I have tried plugging a cell phone charger and the eliminator ac converter and there is no power. I have tried plugging in using both adapters and there was nothing.

I have the AWD SL model.

I was curious if they are to deep so there is no connection made.

not
Modified by desiguy at 4:42 PM 3/15/2008

websfear
Car: 2008 Rogue SL Venom Red

Are you talking about the one on the center console (under the HVAC controls), or the one inside the center console (under the removable tray?)

I have plugged my GPS unit into the one under the HVAC controls, and found out the hard way that the key has to be in the running position for power. I don't know about the other power port.

desiguy

I tried both of them. I have also tried it with the car in accessory mode and the car fully running.

cdmuile
Car: Nissan Rogue, Scion tC RS4.0

I use them both. On the dash for my Garmin and in the center consul for my back up monitor. They both work the same. Hot when the ignition is on and cold when it isn't. Sounds like a trip to the service dept. is in order for you.

desiguy

I just tried a flashlight charger and this one is 6 inches deep and still no go. I think that you are right, it time for it to visit the service dept.

thx
Modified by desiguy at 6:16 PM 3/15/2008

desiguy

It turned out to be a main relay fuse. They said that something incompatible was plugged in.

I told them that it has been like that since day 1. They fixed it and said that I should monitor it.

Hasn't died as of yet.

boooey

websfear wrote:Are you talking about the one on the center console (under the HVAC controls), or the one inside the center console (under the removable tray?)
Holy crap, i had no idea there was a power outlet in the center console!!NICE!

why is it buried under there though?

websfear
Car: 2008 Rogue SL Venom Red

boooey wrote:
Holy crap, i had no idea there was a power outlet in the center console!!NICE!

why is it buried under there though?
My question is if they put one in there, why no IPOD/MP3 jack in there as well? It could be for a cell phone with bluetooth so no one sees/knows there is a cell phone in the car.

Return to “Rogue Forum”