Life Time Powertrain Warrantee

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
rrs26ja
Car: 2008 Rouge, 1998 Maxima

My dealer is offering me a life time powertrain warrantee but only if I have all recommended service with them including all oil changes. Looking at the maintenance manual it seems like every 3,750 miles my car will be at the dealer. I normally would not consider this but the CVT transmission and the aluminum block scares me.

What do you think?

Ticmxman
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL 2WD Gotham Gray

rrs26ja wrote:My dealer is offering me a life time powertrain warrantee but only if I have all recommended service with them including all oil changes. Looking at the maintenance manual it seems like every 3,750 miles my car will be at the dealer. I normally would not consider this but the CVT transmission and the aluminum block scares me.

What do you think?
Sounds like a set up to pay the Dealer a lot of money on service work and if you mess up one time there goes your lifetime warranty, imo. Another question I would have is this dealer recomender service or Nissan factory recomended service? I agree the added security on the CVT would be comforting but the system seems to have held up well in the Murano.

jaywhiz21
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue Gotham Gray SL AWD

Oil changes for normal driving conditions for the Rogue are every 7500 miles. What is the dealer requiring to obtain this warrantee? Is anything in writing? What is his definition of "recommended service?" (Often, dealers package unnecessary and costly services into their oil changes...) In my opinion, this is not a good proposal... Dealers don't do anything for free...

josh1978
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Black on Black

Where did you get this 7500 mile oil change info? The owners manual states every 3750 miles. Under no circumstances would i wait 7500 miles to change my oil plus it would probably void the warranty.

f16boiler

3750 is only for the premium maintanance schedule. Check the manual and you will see a schedule for normal driving conditions (i.e. not driving in the desert everyday, not driving in excessively humid conditions everyday) which will be 7500 miles. This is common for pretty much all cars nowadays. The 3750 is just there to rip you off and will not void your warranty. I just got my 1000 mile oil change and the dealer put a sticker in my window to come back in 3000 miles... yeah right.

jaywhiz21
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue Gotham Gray SL AWD

josh1978 wrote:Where did you get this 7500 mile oil change info? The owners manual states every 3750 miles. Under no circumstances would i wait 7500 miles to change my oil plus it would probably void the warranty.

See the Service and Maintenance Guide, page 7, available at http://www.nissanusa.com/pdf/t...G.pdf

Under normal conditions, Nissan warranty requires the oil to be changed every 7,500 miles, or 6 months, whichever comes first.

Service every 3,750 miles is considered 'Premium Service,' and "owners need not perform such maintenance in order to maintain the warranties which come with their Nissan."

Return to “Rogue Forum”