Licence Plate Hole Covers

Troubleshooting, DIY's, How-To's and articles about all Nissan vehicles. Non-vehicle specific "General" How-To and tech information is also here.
SteveTheTech
Car: 15 Sentra SR
12 G37x Coupe
-Formerly-
05 Mazda 6 L3 Sport, 95 J30, 94 D22

In this article we will be resolving an issue for those lucky folks who are not required to have a front tag mounted on the cars. The procedure is pretty straight forward and will improve the look of your bumper if the holes have already been drilled.

Skill Level 1 of 5

Time Required <30min.

Tools and Equiptment:

-Hillman Push Fasteners "Nissan" #881204 or #881206

-X-Acto Knife

-Touch Up Paint and Clear Coat

-Sandpaper

Procedure:

1. I modified the fasteners to fit directly in the dealer's drilled holes, so no need to bore out these holes.Note: I cut off one of the clips on the fastener with an X-Acto knife to make it flat on one side. I left the other clip alone. I then sliced two remaining sides to make it straight.

2. I have a black car and so I didn't paint these fasteners but if you do so, what you can do is sand the top surface to smooth it out. It also helps the paint to stick. Then apply as many coats of paint as you like, make sure to let it dry. Afterward you have the option to clear coat it for extra protection and let it dry over night.

3. Next, you might have to flatten out the license plate holes by carefully trimming off the extra plastic around the perimeter of the plate holes with an X-Acto knife

Originally written by phobs

Return to “Nissan Articles”