LHD Skyline

A forum for owners and fans of the legendary Nissan Skyline and Nissan GTR.
JimmyMethod
Car: 97' 240SX SE

Ok, I was reading up and saw that there were LHD R34 Skylines made for UAE buyers?Does anyone have any pics of these and/or has anyone imported one?RHD isn't my cup of tea when it comes to shifting...

T4 RB25det
Car: 1995 240

there was one on ebay a while back that motor-x did when they were still in business. it was an r34 gtr vspec. i think it sold for $175,000 to some guy in florida

Gold Digger
Car: Current:
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:
1995 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec Midnight Purple
1990 Nissan Laurel Club S Turbo Two Tone Pearl

JimmyMethod wrote:RHD isn't my cup of tea when it comes to shifting...
Shifting with the left hand isn't that hard. It just takes a little getting used to. When I got my car, it took all of about 20 minutes till I was comfortable shifting it. Now I can shift almost as fast right handed as I can left handed....and I am pretty quick on the shifting.

EZcheese15
Car: 2012 Juke SV
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

C33LaurelRacer wrote:Shifting with the left hand isn't that hard. It just takes a little getting used to. When I got my car, it took all of about 20 minutes till I was comfortable shifting it. Now I can shift almost as fast right handed as I can left handed....and I am pretty quick on the shifting.
^^^ Yeah, what he said. Shifting with your left hand, IMO, is just as natural as shifting with your right. The odder thing to adjust to is the clearence on the left hand side of the car. But even that doesn't take long to adjust to.

I don't think it's worth the headache to convert a car to LHD just because you don't like RHD. It takes 10 mins to get used to a RHD car for the first time, or $1000's to convert it to RHD. I'd save your money, but that's just me.

T4 RB25det
Car: 1995 240

I drove my freinds S14 sivlia around for a few days and it wasnt bad. after a little bit you get used to it. The wierdest thing is the winshield wipers and the turn signals are reversed so i would hit my wipers instead of my turn signal every time

EZcheese15
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

T4 RB25det wrote:I drove my freinds S14 sivlia around for a few days and it wasnt bad. after a little bit you get used to it. The wierdest thing is the winshield wipers and the turn signals are reversed so i would hit my wipers instead of my turn signal every time
They are reversed on asian spec cars, however, they aren't on UK spec cars. Ofcourse, skylines are all asian spec.

The thing that sucks about a UK spec car is you can't shift while hitting the turn signal. Something I'm used to doing. Oh well, you get used to anything you drive after a while.

babowc
Car: 240sx

not all asian cars are rhd/reversed.cars in korea are lhd. same as us spec

EZcheese15
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

babowc wrote:not all asian cars are rhd/reversed.cars in korea are lhd. same as us spec
Yes, but what I'm saying is all RHD asian cars have the steering column controls reversed (wipers on left, turn signals on right). UK spec RHD cars have the wipers on the right, turn signals on left, just like a US spec car does.

MichaelCHK
Car: Skyline

Their were no LHD Skylines produced by Nissan. Furthermore, there were no parts made by nissan for converting the Skyline to LHD. This means that for Skylines, conversion to LHD must be done useing all custom made parts. VERY Expensive. Also the turbos are located on the left side of the engine, right where the steering colum would go. I've been told its not impossible to work around, but very difficult. so it comes down to spending a load of cash for parts and then another load for someone who is really good at their job to do the conversion. And what you are left with is a Skyline that doesn't have the charm of being RHD. Trust me, you get a LOT of attention.

JDMEnthused
Car: Nissan 240SX

taking away the RHD is just taking away the heart of the car( not really ) but.. the RHDness is what makes the car unique, unlike our american cars. i wouldnt want a RHD drive car though.

RBpoweredSileighty

MichaelCHK wrote:Their were no LHD Skylines produced by Nissan. Furthermore, there were no parts made by nissan for converting the Skyline to LHD. This means that for Skylines, conversion to LHD must be done useing all custom made parts. VERY Expensive. Also the turbos are located on the left side of the engine, right where the steering colum would go. I've been told its not impossible to work around, but very difficult. so it comes down to spending a load of cash for parts and then another load for someone who is really good at their job to do the conversion. And what you are left with is a Skyline that doesn't have the charm of being RHD. Trust me, you get a LOT of attention.
wow that is such ignorant B.S Nissan infact has built lhd skylines, its been done twice, heres the pics. of 2 diferent cars.

im sure the pics are all custom too huh? make sure you know what your talking about before you know the facts, cause when someone like me comes along who has over 3000+ skyline pics from 1957 to present you look like a dum bass

JimmyMethod

Thanks for the pics Steve.

Oh, and MichaelCHK, when everyone on a forum agrees that there were RHD Skylines, and 'u teh n00b' do some research before you say everyone else is wrong and you are right.

RBpoweredSileighty

you are most welcome. glad i could help in any way.

EZcheese15
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

Nismo240SX90 wrote:wow that is such ignorant B.S Nissan infact has built lhd skylines, its been done twice, heres the pics. of 2 diferent cars.

im sure the pics are all custom too huh? make sure you know what your talking about before you know the facts, cause when someone like me comes along who has over 3000+ skyline pics from 1957 to present you look like a dum bass
He was saying that *NISSAN* did not make a LHD Skyline, which is true. There is no doubt that conversions have been done before. I've seen a LHD R34 in person myself. But *Nissan* did not make it.

The only exception would be the V35 Skyline. But even that, badged as a Skyline, is still RHD from the factory.

JimmyMethod

Nissan made the LHD Skylines for sale in the United Arab Emirates.

Gold Digger
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:

Not saying it didn't happen. Give us hard documented proof that Nissan, not some company like Callaway, who takes a car after production and does his thing with it, actually produced a LHD Skyline "From the factory"

I agree with Tor on this one. It might have been a super secret special service to some rich bastard who has more money than he knows what to do with and was to lazy to learn how to drive on the other side of the vehicle. The pics that nismo240sx90 have, the dash looks very good. But I have also seen magazines about a guy in florida who has a LHD R33 GT-R that he converted. The car is flawless as far as the conversion goes.

EZcheese15
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

JimmyMethod wrote:Nissan made the LHD Skylines for sale in the United Arab Emirates.
No, Nissan never even sold the Skyline in the UAE. You can import one into the UAE, but it's a grey-market car, not a factory-sold car.

And the reason you see LHD skylines in the UAE, is because from what I understand, they have a law against driving RHD cars. So to get past that law, people convert skylines to LHD to drive them legally there.

Show me one sliver of evidence that Nissan made a LHD skyline. I mean proof...not hearsay. You won't be able to, because they didn't.

Gold Digger
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:

Nismo240SX90 wrote:
wow that is such ignorant B.S Nissan infact has built lhd skylines, its been done twice, heres the pics. of 2 diferent cars.

Dude...I just found this. The car you posted pics of is a converstion done in California. Amazing what you can find on Google!

http://www.turboawd.com.ph/gtrgalleryarchive.html from July 02-Dec03http://www.turboawd.com.ph/gtrgallery.html#083004 from Feb 04-Dec04Here is where I found the pics of the above LHD Skyline.http://www.turboawd.com.ph/diary.html

Sorry to burst your bubble man, but you should do some research before flaming someone.

tonis56
Car: 04 Titan Crewcab

C33LaurelRacer wrote:Shifting with the left hand isn't that hard. It just takes a little getting used to. When I got my car, it took all of about 20 minutes till I was comfortable shifting it. Now I can shift almost as fast right handed as I can left handed....and I am pretty quick on the shifting.
I agree. I couldn't get the turn signals down, I kept turning on the wipers! Other than that RHD is indeed great.

JimmyMethod

Holy balls do people use the search button improperly.It's for finding answers to questions you would normally ask, not for giving your 2 cents on threads that were made 3 months ago.

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

*ahem*

Quiet please, someone's getting

tonis56
Car: 04 Titan Crewcab

JimmyMethod wrote:Holy balls do people use the search button improperly.It's for finding answers to questions you would normally ask, not for giving your 2 cents on threads that were made 3 months ago.
Assuming that is aimed at me. Glad you got that out, hope you feel better! Looks like the last post was at 12/1/2005 which would make that 28 days old, a far cry from 3 months. Last time I checked forums are meant for opinions, info and that such. Take your ****ty *** comments to H-T or something.

rollingindiana
Car: 2002 wrx

EZcheese15 wrote:
^^^ Yeah, what he said. Shifting with your left hand, IMO, is just as natural as shifting with your right. The odder thing to adjust to is the clearence on the left hand side of the car. But even that doesn't take long to adjust to.

I don't think it's worth the headache to convert a car to LHD just because you don't like RHD. It takes 10 mins to get used to a RHD car for the first time, or $1000's to convert it to RHD. I'd save your money, but that's just me.
where can you get a kit to convert to lhd?

EZcheese15
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

There really are no "kits". It would pretty much be all custom work.

twoeightythreez
Car: 1994 G50; 1995 Caprice wagon; 1969 Buick sportwagon

I saw LHD skylines in the UAE when on port visits while in the Navy.
I think you guys forget that the skyline was a full model lineup that included 4 door sedans and station wagons.
The GTR was Japan only but it was possible to buy a NON TURBO r32 if one wanted a base model.
I doubt one would go to the expense to convert a base model skyline to LHD but thats what i saw.
Just because they werent initially sold in UAE doesnt mean they werent sold in a LHD country (RHD is actually a minority among developed countries which is why it is so unique)

GSX-R35
Car: 2010 Black Obsidian TSM Pro Eight R35
1999 Midnight Purple 2 R34 V-spec
1990 Gun Metal Grey Nismo R32

twoeightythreez wrote:I saw LHD skylines in the UAE when on port visits while in the Navy.
I think you guys forget that the skyline was a full model lineup that included 4 door sedans and station wagons.
The GTR was Japan only but it was possible to buy a NON TURBO r32 if one wanted a base model.
I doubt one would go to the expense to convert a base model skyline to LHD but thats what i saw.
Just because they werent initially sold in UAE doesnt mean they werent sold in a LHD country (RHD is actually a minority among developed countries which is why it is so unique)
Holy thread resurrection Batman! Lol. If you're implying that Skylines in lower trim levels were sold as LHD in other countries, that's not correct. In fact the R32 to 34 Skylines were never sold officially outside Japan regardless of trim level except for 100 R32 GT-Rs to Australia via Nissan Australia and about 50 R34 GT-Rs to the UK via Nissan UK in collaboration with Middlehurst Nissan. All other Skylines in other countries were gray-market imports and not sold officially through Nissan and Nissan never bothered to engineer a LHD version of the Skyline since they viewed it as a home market vehicle only. The LHD Skylines you saw in the UAE were aftermarket conversions done because many Middle Eastern countries require a car to be LHD to be driven legally. The Middle East, Carribean, and some Asian countries like the Philippines have done LHD conversions on Skylines but all are aftermarket jobs.

Wildtraveler
Car: 2012 mazdaspeed
1989 BNR32

I cant believe this is an issue! lmao

Return to “GTR Forum / Skyline Forum”