LH Engine Mount Stuck

All things Altima Coupe.
inastupor
Car: 2008 Nissan Altima

Hey everybody. So I went out to do what I thought was gonna be an easy 45mins worth of work. While attempting to change the LH engine mount on a 2008 Altima 2.4L M/T coupe I discovered that the bolt coming up from the bracket was actually stuck. If I had to guess, its seized up in the sleeve of the mount. I thought the weight of the engine would pull it loose, but jacking the tranny up/down has no effect on the bolt (doesnt go down when lowering the jack). Tomorrow I plan on removing the mount bracket (both) and see if I can separate them...........unless someone here can suggest a better/easier way to get that bracket unstuck from the mount. Just so you know I'm an beginner. I know a bit more than the basics, but am still just starting out so have a bit of patience if I say/do/ask something stupid. Thanks guys. -A

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

You're probably right that the stud is seized to the bushing. Take the lower bracket (5) loose from the tranny. Don't worry about the tranny falling out, it will drop a few inches but the other mounts will hold it. Put the nut back on so you won't hurt the threads, and knock the stud loose with a hammer. If that doesn't do it, you can try concentrating the blows with a punch. A healthy dose of WD40 left to soak overnight may help a lot. In a worst case, you can take the support (6) loose to get the whole shebang out of the car and attack it on the workbench.

inastupor
Car: 2008 Nissan Altima

Thanks VStar650CL so much for the quick reply and giving me a plan of attack. I'm gonna to spray it down a bit more and leave it be till the morning. I'll repost with the results. -A

Return to “Altima Coupe (2008-2013)”