Let us speak our mind

A general discussion forum for G35 and G37 owners and a great place to introduce yourself to the NICOclub G-Series Forums!
ipuck
Car: Cars

How come the moderators and administrators delete replies with useful links. I tough this was suppose to be a forum to exchange knowledge, ideas and solutions to problems. I reply to a thread yesterday and I recommend a site and posted a link with very good information and it was deleted.

I'm sure this will be deleted soon too.

May be if a promote one of the moderators web site, will not be deleted.

Visit: http://www.240sx.org

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

Hmmm ... the moderators here are generally very, very lenient, so I am not sure what happened for them to remove your post.

Z

DAEDALUS
Car: 1990 Q45

Mods are lenient of behavior...NICO has a reputation for putting up with a lot of things a lot of other large sites don't put up with. I do not know what post you are referring to, but links to rival sites are not well tolerated, and neither are people who advertise commercial goods/services that compete with any of our sponsors.

rydwhite
Car: 2003 G35 Coupe

ipuck, I deleted the response of yours in the TSB thread because you were linking to a competing site and offering nothing of substantive value to this site with your post. Your post was a direct link was directing traffic from our site to a competing site when the information was already contained in the thread. There is no need to duplicate information especially when the duplicate information that you posted directed someone to another site. I hope that you understand this.

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

Puck,

We generally try to avoid turning our super high traffic site into a portal for others, even if they are our brother sites, whom we like and respect.

You will find that we occaisionally leave some links up, that others would delete right away.And generally in the meets section,we will leave links up, regardless what site they link to,.. to promote unity in the Nissan/Infiniti community.Even there though, copy/paste of location, time and directions of a meet, is MUCH better netiquette IMO than simply linking.

But... when the first few posts of a new member all link to other forums..... well this is known as fishing,.. we dont do it.. and we hope others have enough class , to return the favor and refrain from it as well.

Fred..:)

PS: Chances are, you are just new to message forums and their netiquette and were just enjoying the tools this medium gives us all.If your posts fit a pattern, I instructed my Moderators to act on, than, that is sometimes just the way life goes.. no hard feelings.

ipuck

Hello

Thank you for the explanation and I truly apologize.

I found that site for first time and I was exited to find so much information about bulletins. I tough it could be beneficial for the members of this forum.

No hard feelings.

ipuck

One more thing

Have you seen the forum of that site, I do not think that is a competition. I have not seen another site with the amount of traffic of the NICO forum; this is really the premier site for Nissan and Infiniti owners. But I do like the way the other site presents the bulletins and I think we should take advantage of that.

rydwhite
Car: 2003 G35 Coupe

Thanks for the info Ipuck. We'll take that into consideration. We're glad that you enjoy NICO. By the way, I don't see it listed, what kind of car do you have?

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

ipuck wrote:But I do like the way the other site presents the bulletins and I think we should take advantage of that.

Your suggestion has been noted and is being discussed for implementation! :)

Thanks for the kind words about NICO, it's great to have you aboard! Make sure you pop into the Infiniti forum and tell us some more about your Q...

Return to “G35 and G37 General Discussions”