Legalization Fee's.

A forum for owners and fans of the legendary Nissan Skyline and Nissan GTR.
goshoryuken
Car: Tuning, Dentistry

Hey guyz, I was thinking of getting an R33 from bafta.com, they are willing to ship it to a port in new york for $900, and the car itself is under 6K I believe, but I'm worried about the legalization fee's and all that other crap when it get's here so I'm not buying it and am holding back . . help me out . .shed some light on this situation . . tell me how much it wil cost or a range . .thnx

-GoShoryuken

MikeS14240sx

http://www.motorex.net I thought somwhere on there site I saw about 25k to legalize.

lessthanjakejohn

abandoned the silvia idea?

goshoryuken

Nah, it's still in the works actually. I have a 240HB for my daily driver now and the S145 is now getting paint from a friends shop in CA over the wide body treatment from signal. It's being shipped back to me in a week, I can't wait to post pics!!!!!!

PS - Paint is Flaked Jet Black II

-Everybody get's a chance to be owned~

S15_silvia

ive heard you can find other companies that will legalize just about any car for alot less then motorex motorex charges up the *** to legalize i wouldnt spend 25k to legalize a car that i spent 6 grand on

EZcheese15
Car: 2012 Juke SV
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

We can legalize them, but we must be the ones to import them. We can't legalize one imported from an outside source. Visit our site at http://www.afterdark-tuning.com, or email me at [email protected] for more details. Or you can IM me.

k_harley

Hey goshoryuken, where do you plan to purchase this GTR from? I went to bafta.com and it was a british films site or something.

After all the research that I have been able to do, so far, it looks like all arrows point to motorex for the time being. Check out these links:

http://www.gtr.co.uk/html/faq/buying_us ... es/import/

I asked WETL if they could legalize a GTR and they said that they only know of Motorex to be capable of doing it. I'm not sure if they "COULDN'T" or if they "WOULDN'T"....There is enough info on the government site to choke a horse. Have fun...

BTW, does anyone know good sources for purchasing GTR's in Japan?

EZcheese15
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

k_harley wrote:Hey goshoryuken, where do you plan to purchase this GTR from? I went to bafta.com and it was a british films site or something.

After all the research that I have been able to do, so far, it looks like all arrows point to motorex for the time being. Check out these links:

http://www.gtr.co.uk/html/faq/buying_us ... es/import/

I asked WETL if they could legalize a GTR and they said that they only know of Motorex to be capable of doing it. I'm not sure if they "COULDN'T" or if they "WOULDN'T"....There is enough info on the government site to choke a horse. Have fun...

BTW, does anyone know good sources for purchasing GTR's in Japan?

Or, *LIKE* I just said, *WE* can import and legalize them as well. We aren't listed with the EPA yet because of 2 reasons A) we are a brand new company and have not actually legalized one yet, however we have already gotten everything cleared and is just a matter of our 1st order getting here, which by the way, we have already sold one

and B) we do not legalize them the same way that Motorex does, and also which does not require us to be a registered importer. The way we do it *IS* 100% legal and is cleared through the DOT and EPA, but not as an imported grey market vehicle, like motorex

If you are a serious customer and are truthfully interested, please email me, or visit our website that should be up shortly.http://www.afterdark-tuning.com

lessthanjakejohn

Thats pretty sweet Torry (and Adam) How much are you guys looking at for cost? (apprx)

EZcheese15
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

R32 GT-R $22,000R33 GT-R $40,000-$45,000R34 GT-R $60,000-$65,000S15 Silvia $40,000-$60,000

Prices are subject to change. But this is the estimated cost. Admittingly not "cheap," but cheaper than the competition.

lessthanjakejohn

In this legalization process you guys have, Can you only import those Four cars? How about GTSes or R31 and R30's. Non-nissan cars also?

EZcheese15
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

lessthanjakejohn wrote:In this legalization process you guys have, Can you only import those Four cars? How about GTSes or R31 and R30's. Non-nissan cars also?

The process we are doing, we can import anything (from Japan) for right now. Eventually, we would like to do some european models as well.

goshoryuken

No offense to anyone . . but there prices are flat out Fu**en ridiculous. I was thinking about this a little more and I was wondering if , . . you can import a japanese car . .not legalize it . .keep it in your garage and use parts from it to transform your LHD honda or nissan into a jspec one . . maybe everything except the positioning of the steering wheel . . and would that be legal? Would I be able to get NY state insurance? Cause if I can . . I might just import a few jspec cars and use parts fro mthem . .

-GoShoryuken

EZcheese15
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

goshoryuken wrote:No offense to anyone . . but there prices are flat out Fu**en ridiculous. I was thinking about this a little more and I was wondering if , . . you can import a japanese car . .not legalize it . .keep it in your garage and use parts from it to transform your LHD honda or nissan into a jspec one . . maybe everything except the positioning of the steering wheel . . and would that be legal? Would I be able to get NY state insurance? Cause if I can . . I might just import a few jspec cars and use parts fro mthem . .

-GoShoryuken

Yes, you can do that. I know someone who has a RHD SR20DET S14A, that is 100% legal. (well, not 100%, as SR20DET's are not legal, but whatever). Anyway, he used a USDM 240SX, converted it to RHD by using a RHD front clip with firewall, and dropped in a S14 SR. So yes, you *can* do that, and is fairly legit. More so than any other way.

nlzmo400r
Car: cars

i just wanna know how the thread starter said he was looking at an R33 for under 6k, im taking it thats not a gt-r, i have no idea how ur gettin a skyline for 6k, let me know please, and this post may sound rude, but dont take it that way please, thanx in advanceROB

nlzmo400r

damn, s15s are as expensive to import as a skyline!!!< geez, how much are s15s brand new in japan, well (o1 or o2 model, which ever was the last year)

lessthanjakejohn

There was a thread in the general forum about a s15 from a dealer in japan, I think it may have been like 24,000. Give it a search to find out...

goshoryuken

Ahh well, as soon as I save up loads of money after I open up my dentistry clinic when I become a succesful dentist . . . I'm gonna move to Japan at the age of 45 anyway . . so I'll go buy myself an S17. . . or S18 . . whatever's out by that time . . maybe a classic s15, which by that time in Japan will be dirt cheap :-D . Heck, I've got the language down good, and knowledge of the cars, and mastered their video games . .lol, that's all I need and I'm ready for Neo Tokyo

PS - Sorry about that . .it's not bafta.com . . it's BATFA.com . I'm not sure if it was a GT-R but it was definately a skyline, go to the used car section and see for yourself. . .

PSS - This company is real and they are active . . they respond to e-mails within a days notice or so . .

-GoShoryuken~----Currently studying monkey magic uras aerodynamics~ :-P

EZcheese15
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

nlzmo400r wrote:damn, s15s are as expensive to import as a skyline!!!< geez, how much are s15s brand new in japan, well (o1 or o2 model, which ever was the last year)

We recently found a cheaper source for our S15's, so the price on them is likely to drop.

nlzmo400r

cool, thanx for the info, i didnt think they were THAT expensive, i thought 25k ish, but damn 60k to import one, i like em and al, but id just get a freckin r-34 for near the same price

gtd65
Car: 1995 240SX SE

nlzmo400r wrote:i just wanna know how the thread starter said he was looking at an R33 for under 6k, im taking it thats not a gt-r, i have no idea how ur gettin a skyline for 6k, let me know please, and this post may sound rude, but dont take it that way please, thanx in advanceROB

1994 NISSAN SKYLINE 2.0L GTS AUTO, 1994, Auto, non Turbo, Black, alloys, climate control, damage to locks, luxury bargain . . . . (trade) more info

£1,995 231 miles 2000 NISSAN SKYLINE GT-R 2.6 Twin Turbo 2dr Coupe 2.0 Turbo GTS-T 1991 in black. 67000 miles. Auto, Hicas ALTESSA etc. 12mths MOT. new tyres all round and brakes, Racepro BOV, K and N filter, De-Cat pipe. Iridium Plugs. BBS 16" alloys. Remarkable engine . . . . (private) more info

£2,900 153 miles 2000 NISSAN SKYLINE GT-R 2.6 Twin Turbo 2dr Coupe 1992 k 2.0 non turbo, automatic,Black. Air conditioning, Anti theft system, CD,17" alloys,quick sale. 65000 miles. . . . . (private) more info

£2,995 316 miles 1993 nissan skyline 2dr coupe 2.0 Ram City Motor Company 1993 gts TURBO sports auto g/box alloys, air con, e/w, c/l, boot spoiler, WAS £3,995 . . . . (trade) more info

£3,495 202 miles 1993 NISSAN SKYLINE GTS T Sports 2S 2DR Coupe, Ram City Motor Company Black, Central Locking, Electric Door Mirrors, Air Conditioning, Electric Windows, Power Steering, Alloy Wheels, Automatic/boot . . . . (trade) more info

£3,495 202 miles 1995 NISSAN SKYLINE GT-R 2.6 2dr Coupe Black. Air conditioning, ABS, Anti theft system, 10 track multi CD, Driver airbag. Tracker fitted. P/Ex possible. 40000 miles. 07866 764 . . . . (private) more info

£3,995 267 miles 1999 NISSAN SKYLINE GT-R 2.6 Twin Turbo 2dr Coupe R32gtst 2.0ltr turbo, Maroon. Air conditioning,complete maroon Leather interior!!, CD,16"gtr wheels,hks hiper exhaust very fast. . . . . (private) more info

£3,995 322 miles Nissan Skyline All Versions Coventus Ltd Massive selection each week, available direct from Japan. Make large savings over purchasing a used vehicle in the UK. Visit our website or call us today. http://www.BonsaiCars.com . . . . (trade) more info

All sourced via http://www.autotrader.co.uk using my mothers post code (TD1 2RF) for the search.

J_DUBB

I hate the governments way of keeping american car companies in business, I am just gonna look for a job in Japan.

J_DUBB

I found a company that can legalize a skyline R33 for 7-10 and they will find one for you in Japan for a 500 deposit and will not buy one until you are compleatly satisfied. Need more info? AIM volkswagon91 or e-mail [email protected]

TruboostPerformance

I am in mainland Japan right now, and R32 GTR's are selling for 5,000-7,000 american dollars, now how the hell can you ship one in just for show use? Anyone have the exact rules on this? I am going to buy one and can get it shipped do I need all these RI guys and crap? Or can I just slap it into a container and pick it up at the dock on the other side and put it on a trailor and put her in my garage until I figure out what I want to do with it?

TruboostPerformance

By the way anyone want to buy my truck? 11,000 obo???

Nurv
Car: performance engineering, rc cars, beer, tits

just curious. has anyone looked up on Omega Skylines? i noticed he says shipped and all but what about the legal crap? couldnt you just import one that way? i was wanting one for show or track use as well as that wonderful 200mph run through the arizona desert. heh. possible? if not i guess i should stay off SKylines Austrailia and stop looking at the gts-t that made 308kw. :)

tre-dog

i never look up omega skylines?

tre-dog

no!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tre-dog

no

Sami

Nurv wrote:just curious. has anyone looked up on Omega Skylines?
Yes, Omega Skylines has a notorious reputation already despite their short history. If you want a US street legal Skyline, there is only one way to do it: Motorex.

RBMotoring does them too but they, like everyone else, have to get the legalization done by Motorex.

Return to “GTR Forum / Skyline Forum”