LEFT? RIGHT? CENTERED? BRAIN DEAD? I WANT YOUR OPINION HERE

A place for intelligent and well-thought-out discussion involving politics and associated topics. No nonsense will be tolerated at all.

WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THIS LIST?

I FULLY AGREE (the heck with free-loaders!)
56%
I TOTALLY DISAGREE, (this is too harsh/mean)
22%
I ONLY SOMEWHAT AGREE (i agree with some, not all of the ideas)
22%

Total votes: 9

ImStricken06
Car: 2008 Rogue(sold)
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

I WANT YOUR OPINION HERE, SO VOTE ON THE POLL.
This was written by a 21 yr old female. This was in the Waco Tribune Herald, Waco , TX , Nov 18, 2011
  • Put me in charge of food stamps. I'd get rid of Lone Star cards; no cash for Ding Dongs or Ho Ho's, just money for 50-pound bags of rice and beans, blocks of cheese and all the powdered milk you can haul away. If you want steak and frozen pizza, then get a job.

Put me in charge of Medicaid. The first thing I'd do is to get women Norplant birth control implants or tubal ligation's. Then, we'll test recipients for drugs, alcohol, and nicotine. If you want to reproduce or use drugs, alcohol, or smoke, then get a job.

Put me in charge of government housing. Ever live in a military barracks? You will maintain our property in a clean and good state of repair. Your home" will be subject to inspections anytime and possessions will be inventoried. If you want a plasma TV or Xbox 360, then get a job and your own place.

In addition, you will either present a check stub from a job each week or you will report to a "government" job. It may be cleaning the roadways of trash, painting and repairing public housing, whatever we find for you. We will sell your 22 inch rims and low profile tires and your blasting stereo and speakers and put that money toward the "common good.."

Before you write that I've violated someone's rights, realize that all of the above is voluntary. If you want our money, accept our rules. Before you say that this would be "demeaning" and ruin their "self esteem," consider that it wasn't that long ago that taking someone else's money for doing absolutely nothing was demeaning and lowered self esteem.

If we are expected to pay for other people's mistakes we should at least attempt to make them learn from their bad choices. The current system rewards them for continuing to make bad choices.

AND While you are on Gov't subsistence, you no longer can VOTE! Yes, that is correct. For you to vote would be a conflict of interest. You will voluntarily remove yourself from voting while you are receiving a Gov't welfare check. If you want to vote, then get a job.

themadscientist
Car: R32 GTR, DR30 RS Turbo, BRZ, Lunchbox, NSR50 Sportster 883 Iron
Location: Staring down at you with disdain from the spooky mountaintop castle.

I'm not for forcibly sterilizing folks, but you get what you get and there is no reward for spittin out kids. :nono:

s0m3th1ngAZ
Car: 96' Miata
2014 Focus ST

Devils advocate but...what happens when these millions of people (elderly making up a large chunk of them) don't follow those rules, or can't? Throw em in jail, yet another one of America's failed systems? Let them die? (thereby cutting off a LOT of Republican voters, haha)
I agree with some of these measures, such as drug tests for welfare recipients, but most of the ones you posted just promote class warfare and division. Sterilization? Come on bro.
Fix the system, not the people.

themadscientist

I'll say it. Let them die. Seriously, die.

Bubba1
Car: 2003 Nissan 350z
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

themadscientist wrote:I'll say it. Let them die. Seriously, die.

Sounds like this v sums it up for you and IMStricken... :biggrin:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ[/youtube]

themadscientist

Somebody wants help, I'm actually ok with my tax dollars helping them, but if they refuse to follow the rules that come with living off the fruits of other peoples' labor and work towards becoming productive, **** em.

Bubba1
Car: 2003 Nissan 350z
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

themadscientist wrote:Somebody wants help, I'm actually ok with my tax dollars helping them, but if they refuse to follow the rules that come with living off the fruits of other peoples' labor and work towards becoming productive, **** em.

Perhaps the problem might be more with the lack of rules. Right now, there are no rules that require community service in exchange for welfare, or being sober to receive food stamps. Maybe there should be a few.

themadscientist

thus my support from the proposal before us.

WDRacing
Car: 95 240SX, 99 BMW 540i, 01 Chevy Express, 14 Ford Escape

This may be a tad off topic...

The problem always seems to come to down to, "how do we fix it". "It" being poverty or racism or anything negative really. Because, to me, it all comes from the same problem. I call the problem the perpetuation factor.

Lets look at poverty. There is no answer or magic wand to fix it. Poverty will continue forever until people IN poverty stop having children. By overwhelming odds, a child raised in poverty, will stay in poverty. On a global scale, actually LOOK at the ones in poverty. You'll find that for generations, their families have been the same way. Yet they keep pumping out kids which only puts more of a burden on the family resources, be it basic food and water to room and board. If you can't support children, don't have them. A child does not make things better, ever!

Racism. Yes it still exists because there will always be flawed individuals. But I truly believe that racism is perpetuated by people of said race. Lets look at the most common example, African Americans. First of all, you're not African American, you're American...just like I am. I don't call myself Irish/Scottish/Welsh American do I? No, because I'm American. If someone asks what my family heritage is, I tell them. By claiming to be African American you're immediately drawing a line between yourself and others that are not of like heritage.

Perpetuating the profile only further increases the act of perceived racism. By that I mean, if you don't want to stick out, try blending in. If you don't want to be treated like a mongoloid gang banger, speak English, pull up your pants and act like everyone else. You're free to act how ever you want, but keep that BS race card in your pocket unless you want to put forth some effort. You CHOOSE to look and act the way you do. Profiling exists because it works. It's not racial, it's reality. If you don't want to be treated like the N word, how about you don't act like one? Don't perpetuate the problem. Choose better options.

When I'm interacting with people, I treat others how they treat me. If you look like a regular dude, I treat you like one. If you like like a hood rat, I treat you as such. Don't perpetuate ignorance.

It all comes down to choices. We all make them everyday. Choices have consequences. Consequences require personal accountability. The major disagreement with people in America is how to deal with someone elses poor choices and the consequences that stem from them. Does helping people in poverty enable them? Perhaps. But we certainly can't turn a blind eye it either.

This country could use some strict guidelines when it comes to receiving Gov subsidies of any sort. Some of which are mentioned above.

I wouldn't mind women being given the Depo Shot at Gov expense starting at 18. Not mandatory mind you, but free of charge with no questions asked, aside from the basic general health question that are required. A drive towards ending poverty starts by slowing down the birth rate of those born into it.

Ace2cool
Car: 1991 Nissan 300ZX TT
1966 Datsun Fairlady 1600
2005 Suzuki GSX-R 600
1974 Honda CB550 Four
2009 Ford F150 Lariat

I don't see what the problem is for asking for a set number of community service hours in payment for a government check.

WD, you nailed everything I've been saying for the past few years. A nation of perpetuated problems. Racism, entitlement, unemployment, all of it. Reading your post made e want to buy you a beer.

WDRacing

Thats funny, cause I feel like drinking whatever you're buying! Birds of a feather...

themadscientist

Sounds like a beer summit!

WDRacing

I would love to be at that table...LOVE. I'd cherish a few hours with the President to drink beer and speak my mind.

themadscientist

I'd drink a beer with him. I just refuse to vote for him.

WDRacing

Agreed. It would be cool as hell to argue with him though.

Who's your man for 2016 so far dude?

themadscientist

I am warming up to Rand Paul, but he has a lot more work to do to get my full support.

WDRacing

Same here. He doesn't have to do too much more to gain my support though. Only because the current bunch of candidates make him look really good.

themadscientist

My main hangup is his endorsement of Romney. People suggest he had to, but whether he did or didn't, it speaks to his character.

WDRacing

Meh, something like that doesn't ruffle my feathers too much.

biggie
Car: '16 Q70L/'14 Q60S Vert/'19 Armada/'09 FX35

For that I would have chose Romney as well, its the lesser of those 2 evils. Didn't mean either one was actually that good.

themadscientist

I don't entertain lesser evils.

Ace2cool
2005 Suzuki GSX-R 600
1974 Honda CB550 Four
2009 Ford F150 Lariat

I'm in it for Rand as well. This early in the game, anyways, he's definitely the best option on the table.

mattblancarte
Car: 2005 BMW M3 Comp. Coupe

Rand != Ron.

Rand is a party shill. No support from me.

Ace2cool
2005 Suzuki GSX-R 600
1974 Honda CB550 Four
2009 Ford F150 Lariat

mattblancarte wrote:Rand != Ron.
And that's a bad thing?

mattblancarte

It's a matter of personal preference, of course.

Ron Paul was great (to me) because he wasn't held down by partly lines. He would tell you how it was, often without a filter.

Rand Paul has been nothing but a shill for the republican party (or what's left of it).

Ace2cool
2005 Suzuki GSX-R 600
1974 Honda CB550 Four
2009 Ford F150 Lariat

He doesn't even claim republican though. He's Libertarian filling a republican seat.

mattblancarte

But he is a shill. See the following: http://www.businessinsider.com/why-rand ... ney-2012-6
"As a practical matter, you have to endorse a candidate before the convention — Romney is going to get the nomination, no doubt about that at all, so it behooves everyone to have Sen. Paul to endorse him before the convention," Milliman said. "It could enable Sen. Paul to have a prime speaking role at the convention, and his dad to have a prime speaking role at the convention. I think those things factored in."
Ron Paul was sooooooo much less of a politician in the figurative sense. See this: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/2 ... 31779.html
According to Paul, convention planners offered the Texas congressman the chance to speak under two conditions: that he gave a speech pre-approved by Romney's campaign, and that he give a "full-fledged" endorsement of Mitt Romney.

“It wouldn’t be my speech," Paul said. "That would undo everything I’ve done in the last 30 years. I don’t fully endorse him for president."
That is exactly why Rand Paul != Ron Paul, and why I can't vote for Rand.

Ace2cool
2005 Suzuki GSX-R 600
1974 Honda CB550 Four
2009 Ford F150 Lariat

Yes, but he's been busting his back lately, and that's got some weight to it with me. Most of the things he's talked about lately, I fully support. (I'm not going to generalize and say all things, since I haven't kept up 100% in the past month due to work)

I'm a firm believer that actions speak louder than words. I can't imagine standing and talking for 13 consecutive hours without so much as leaving to go to the restroom. That's inspirational. That's leadership. That's what the majority of US presidents in recent times have lacked. Severely. Ron is good, and I support that he stands up for what he believes in, but Rand is a natural born leader, and that is above all what America needs right now.

Ace2cool
2005 Suzuki GSX-R 600
1974 Honda CB550 Four
2009 Ford F150 Lariat

This is like comparing Dale Jr to Dale Earnhardt. You can't say you won't vote for him because his dad was a better guy. He is his own person.

Return to “Politics Etc.”