LED head lamp replacements

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
Rockwerx
Car: 2007 Versa

Has anyone here tried installing some LED head lamp retrofit lights in their Versa? I am thinking of trying some but wondered if anyone has tried them yet? Lots of different offerings available when I did a search.

AJVersa
Car: 2009 Nissan Versa S Hatchback

I tried these, they look great, but not bright enough for main headlight. They claimed to be "the brightest available" NOT!
Would make great fog lights.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-Super-Bright ... 77&vxp=mtr

Rockwerx

Thank you for your input! I will stay away from those replacements.

Has anyone here tried the newer CREE LEDs? I have a couple CREE LED flashlights and they are the brightest flashlights I have ever owned. The CREE LED equipped light bars are also incredibley bright and very well focused. This has me wondering if I should try a CREE retrofit set of lights in our Versa. Pretty happy overall with the stock lights but something a bit brighter for the back roads would sure be nice.

CPJ LB
Car: 12 G37X Sedan- stealthy modded
14 Altima 2.5
08 Tahoe
06 M35 S (gone)
14 Versa 4dr (gone)

I swapped out the stock low beam bulbs since it was not bright enough for me and the family...On my M35, I have HID's so the light output that I'm used to is very bright, however I didn't want to spend the money on retrofitting the Versa with HID/LED... Instead, I installed replacement bulbs that are a lot brighter than stock. I went with the Phillips X-Treme Vision +130% (my size bulb is the 9003/HB2/H4). Night and day difference!!!

the light output is brighter and projects far and wide. I know it's not a comparison to my HID set up, but its soooo much better than the stock bulbs. (I stored the stock bulbs for back ups).

When I have time this weekend, I'll snap some pix and post them....I just swapped out the bulbs 2 days ago so I'm not sure if the bulbs need a break in period or not, but for the moment they are bright.....

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPNk-qdpvHw[/youtube]

Rockwerx

Thank you for the advice. I swapped our 55/60 Watt H4s bulbs for some 55/100 Watt H4s.

I might try some higher output bulbs but these made a difference for back road driving while on high beam. I will probably add aux lights for even more light when I am not in traffic.

kennethbokor
Car: 2008 SL w/Sport Package & Moonroof

I don't believe the LED's are bright enough for head lamp use. Installing HID's in the stock Versa headlamp assembly is not a good idea, as they won't aim the HID light output well enough and the light will disperse all over and blind oncoming traffic. Plus in Canada and most states not street legal, this kind of set up. You need proper HID headlamp assembly so that the light is focused and aimed properly. There are conversion kits for this available, although I don't think they work with DRL systems.

AJVersa
Car: 2009 Nissan Versa S Hatchback

Led headlights are "not ready for primetime", at least not at this stage. HID is the best thing going right now. IMO retrofit is well worth the time and effort on any car that doesn't have projector headlights. Once you've driven with HIDs nothing else will do.
DRLs are a problem you can work around. A quality HID kit (not $30 ebay) can be run 24, 7 with out worry.

rdhegge
Car: 2015 Nissan Versa Note

This list is 8 months old, but if any one is interested, I bought a led headlight kit from SuperBrightLeds and installed them this evening in my 2 week old 2015 Note. They are very nice. Much brighter than factory bulbs and white of course, but they seem to be aimed well so I won't blind anyone. I spent 20 minutes on the first one - I inspected and compared everything 'cause I have a habit of breaking stuff. 2nd one took 2 minutes.

https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinf ... 2116/4805/

theboringhouse
Car: 2012 nissan versa

I purchased a hid kit from kensun and they work great go with 6000k for color to get a pure white 5000 will give a green color and make sure you pay attention to the indicator arrows on the bulbs you could cause problems if they are pointing a certain direction

Return to “Versa General Chat”