Led Fog Lamp 1997 Pathfinder SE

A forum for the legendary Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4.
A1218
Car: 1997 Nissan Pathfinder SE

Anyone know a good set of led fog lamps I can install and remove the original? Looking for a set that should fit without modification of the space in the bumper area where the originals were.

And would it also be possible to cut off connections from original fog lamps and wire to the aftermarket ones once I find so that it will just be a plug and play. Additionally from that I should be able to operate from the fog switch on my headlight lever.

QX4ME
Car: 02 Infiniti QX4 4WD
11 MB C300 Sports
06 Honda Odyssey

There are many LED bulbs available with H3 base I believe used in 1997 Pathfinder. I haven't changed mine, also H3 type. It should be plug and play.

For fog light, the color is important. Ideal color is yellowish around 3000K which can penetrate fog and dust further. Many people like white even bluish that I guess is mainly for look not for seeing through fog.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

If you have the factory lamps already, why not just get something like these?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2PCS-H3-LED-Fo ... Sw1eZfwQBy

A1218
Car: 1997 Nissan Pathfinder SE

Yeah I’ve seen those bulbs. The only reason I was hesitant about trying it is quite a few of the reviews on them say they are dimmer than the halogens for some reason.

I installed some led bulbs in my headlights over a year ago. Hikari leds. They work great and are very bright on the road.

So I was looking for something for the fogs to match the led headlights and also increase brightness.

But in all honesty I don’t often drive in fog that often. I live in queens ny. So not much fog in the city area. That’s why I wasn’t worried too much about switching towards a whiter light like the leds. But yes you are absolutely correct about color importance when it comes to fog lamps.

Return to “Nissan Pathfinder Forum / Infiniti QX4 Forum”