LED Cupholders

The Nissan Versa Tech Discussion forum is the place to discuss Versa performance modifications and maintenance.
xtwoonamatchx
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa S

So i broke down and decided to light up my cupholders... i appologize for the crappy cell phone pics, but here it goes...

and this is a picture of what i used.... its made by OptX, i searched online for about an hour but couldnt find it... my friend got it for me at autozone, pepboys, or whatever... dunno exactly... its 3 small LEDs on a PCB.... i have them wired to the dimmer...

whatcha think?

btw... its a much deeper blue with more glow... damn cell phones

Versa Madness
Car: 2008 Nissan Versa S HB 6 spd

Pretty cool. Do they offer those in amber/orange to match the rest of the dash lighting?

DejaWiz
Car: See sig for details.

Here they are:http://streetglow.com/site/led.ledstrips3.php

And yes, they come in a variety of colors including orange.... but not sure if they are an exact match to the V's lighting.

xtwoonamatchx

wow thank you for finding that... i saw that and thought that was one of those flexible strips... i think it was well worth it... i just gotta get a better adhiesive... any ideas... it has double sided tape but it stops working when the car is hot... and im using electrical tape but i want something a little more permanant... what should i use?

feloniousmonk

Did you have trouble locating your drinks in the dark?

DejaWiz

Maybe some velcro strips that you can cut to size?

xtwoonamatchx

feloniousmonk wrote:Did you have trouble locating your drinks in the dark?
haha no. the problem was finding the cupholder at night, such a pain in the ***. and yeah, i dunno about the velcro, i was thinking maybe an epoxy?

DejaWiz

xtwoonamatchx wrote:yeah, i dunno about the velcro, i was thinking maybe an epoxy?
If you're going to affix it to the underside of the dash, be careful with epoxy...it might melt the plastic depending on what kind you get.

deaftosociety
Car: 08 nissan versa s 6 speed stillen strut bar

how did you wire it up to the dimmer i was thinking about doing neons under the dash to light up the floor and i didnt wana hack up anything if you wouldnt mind telling me how ya did it thanks man

DejaWiz

I still say velcro would be the way to go.
Modified by DejaWiz at 2:58 PM 6/9/2008

xtwoonamatchx

deaftosociety wrote:how did you wire it up to the dimmer i was thinking about doing neons under the dash to light up the floor and i didnt wana hack up anything if you wouldnt mind telling me how ya did it thanks man
well if you do lights under the dash, make sure they are LEDS not NEONS (CATHODES)... you can't use cathodes because they use an inverter, and if you utilize the dimmer, you can damage them if they dont get 12v... i would recommend looking at these... http://www.oznium.com/led-flex-strips ... probably in 9.5"... there are 3 wires in the dimmer, a purple and 2 black ones, use the purple one as power, and the middle black as ground..

Martin Roy typed up a nice little guide to "LEDing your interior" and that covers the basics... let me know if you need any more help. and i found some really good double sided tape that my stepdad had... so i had to "borrow" some of it, its really thin and really strong, we'll see how far into the summer it works =]

matttail
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa

I used the piranha bars from Oznium (like in above post) above - I liked the plastic casing to protect the LEDs. I went with blue too - it looks awesome! I also built in a separate dimmer switch to control the LEDs separate from the dash.

I used hot glue to hold in the LEDs, seems to be working so far - we've had some 80 degree days and one 90 degree day and they're still up, so we'll see. I've mounted 5 different strips, one for each foot well and one for the front cup holders. These LEDs are so bright it even looks cool during the day.

Vahagn23
Car: NIssan Versa S

i like it. Still sucks that its not factory installed, like the new Ford Focus gets.

xtwoonamatchx

well i actually used cathodes for the footwells... they were cheaper and readily availible... i have all the wiring in the middle console basically... one pair up front and one pair under the seats, doesnt light the back as much as i wanted, but oh well... and for vaughn, thank you... im kinda glad it wasnt factory installed... i like doing custom wiring and such, took honestly 5 minutes from popping out the side panel to putting it back on, plus people can get in and be like "damn, no other stock versa has that" =]

Return to “Versa Technical Discussions”