LED bulb swap help

General discussion area for the L32-chassis Altima
SuBXeRo

Hey everyone, as of now i have a lease 08 2.5 sedan. I already shaved the ***, even though i know they wont like it, i am planning on buying it off lease. I wanna do an led bulb swap, good idea? Aside from it being a god or bad idea, i am unfamilar with the electronic flash circuits. I would rather steer clear of the load balancer if possible.

malnevets
Car: 07 Altima Majestic Blue

SuBXeRo wrote:Hey everyone, as of now i have a lease 08 2.5 sedan. I already shaved the ***, even though i know they wont like it, i am planning on buying it off lease. I wanna do an led bulb swap, good idea? Aside from it being a god or bad idea, i am unfamilar with the electronic flash circuits. I would rather steer clear of the load balancer if possible.
when you say LED swap, you are referring to the bulbs inside the car yes?

SuBXeRo

naw, im talking tails

LongBeachCoupe
Car: 08 Altima Coupe (RIP Hurricane Sandy)
2005 Lexus RX

you need a resistor to stop the "quick flash"... theres no getting around it.

SuBXeRo

damn, i was kind of hoping to swap the flasher circuit out with an adjusted one. hmmmm.

o well, i am going to make a custom LED 3rd brake light and make a custom led halo for my fogs since i dont have any and cant afford to upgrade them to fogs, or worry about futsing with adding wiring for them if i dont have them already.

epv07altima

hey malnevets...love your car. What brand are your HID fogs and where/how did you install the leds under headlights? Did you squeeze them between the headlights and bumper? Any issues with them being exposed to rocks, rain, etc?

malnevets

epv07altima wrote:hey malnevets...love your car. What brand are your HID fogs and where/how did you install the leds under headlights? Did you squeeze them between the headlights and bumper? Any issues with them being exposed to rocks, rain, etc?
Hey, thanks a lot

My fogs aren't HID's I think it's just the camera making them brighter then they really are. I have regular halogen bulbs in them, but when I bought them, I also recieved a pair of the blue bulbs which suppose to make them look whiter.My fogs don't really have a brand, I bought them off of eBay from Autopialighting, they're about $55 shipped. Already comes with everything you need like relay and inline fuse, all the wiring, etc. Had to use the fog light covers as mounts though.

The LED's are installed directly onto the headlight so the gap is still there between the headlight and the bumper. If you go to the AUDI DRL thread, I have pics posted.

They are exposed to the elements, but the material covering the leds is very hard and strong so they are definitely very safe.

malnevets

SuBXeRo wrote:damn, i was kind of hoping to swap the flasher circuit out with an adjusted one. hmmmm.

o well, i am going to make a custom LED 3rd brake light and make a custom led halo for my fogs since i dont have any and cant afford to upgrade them to fogs, or worry about futsing with adding wiring for them if i dont have them already.
hey Sub, you could get the same brand fogs as mine, eBay autopialighting $55 shipped, comes with switch, relay, inline fuse. Pretty cheap price, and they work well. Did everything myself, cept the wiring two of the wires which my friend helped me with.

Two hardest parts would be getting the switch into the cabin and mounting the fogs onto the fog covers.

These fogs have halo rings on them which should a plus for you I guess

Return to “4th Generation Altima Sedan (2007-2012)”