Leather seat repair

NICO's official source for Nissan upholstery, carpet, headliners, and trim information!
mrpeagle
Car: 2001 Infinity I30

I have a 2001 Infinity I30 and the leather covering on the drivers seat has developed a split and the surrounding material is starting to "flake". Any suggestions on the best way to repair this?

seldomseen
Car: '12 Altima Coupe 3.5 SR & '15 Lexus GS350 F Sport

Your best bet is to locate an experienced automotive upholster which may be expensive. Or just purchase a set of seat covers from the likes of Autozone, Pep Boys, Walmart, et cetera.

Mela
Car: Micra

The only solution to make sure it doesn't get worse it to "saw" it. Obviously you can't really saw it but if you are patient enough you can pull together the two pieces and stick them there with duck tape. If the hole is too small make it a little bit bigger, place the duck tape between the leather and the filling of the seat facing upwards. make it stick to one side of the hole and then patiently pull the two sides together and make them stick to the duck tape. That should be enough to prevent it from getting worse :)
I hope I managed to explain myself :/

Linda B
Car: 2004 Nissan Murano

First, you must know that it's probably the vinyl side of the seat that is cracking. I've just joined this 'club' after sending another comment to Nissan National.

I have a 2004 Murano, with only 61,000 miles, and both front seats have cracks on the outside side panels.

"Out of warranty" was the reply I got from my local dealer.

If no better response comes from the national representatives, I plan to embroider on a piece of vinyl or deer skin leather, died close to matching my Cabernet interior, the word NISSAN or MURANO to patch the damage.

I am disturbed that Nissan has let this matter go unresolved, and they will have to make the side of the seats of leather, if I purchase another vehicle from them.

MikeRL411
Car: 1997J30T, 1967RL411

Now [2015] that Nissan has decided that the INFINITI line is worthy of some advertising support and should be in competition with Accura and Jaguar it may be time to esculate this to the INFINITI district manager. If all else fails, there are many repair kits available to repair tears in leather or vinyl upholstery, the dealers all have them! Then send the bill to INFINITI customer relations.

I had a not too unsimilar problem with my 1997 J30T, it kept discharging the battery even sooner than the admonition to disconnect the battery if the car was not to be driven for 5 days [yes, that's what the driver's handbook says!] The dealer finally [after warranty expired, surprise!] found a short in the factory stereo. I sent the bill and the history of failures to start after 2 or 3 days to the district manager and got reimbursed for all my dealer "cure" charges for not resolving this problem until after warranty expiration. INFINTI is now in a "wake up, we just might have a market opening" phase, so they just might want to shut you up and make you happy! Don't get mad, get even!

MikeRL411
Car: 1997J30T, 1967RL411

For the record, I was in error about the time delay to disconnect the battery, it's 30 days, not 5 days! My car was discharging the battery in 5 or less days because there was a low grade short in the factrory stereo, which was eventually replaced under warranty! I still installed a trickle charger "just in case". belts and suspenders!

Return to “Interiors”