Leather repair

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
SeattleQ45
Car: 94 Q45

Do any of you have exoerience touching up the leather seats on the '94 Q45? I have scratches and worn spots, mostly near the seams, where natural leather color is showing. I've not repaired leather before...do I just get some die or tinted conditioner or what?

How about the steering wheel? Mine looks like it was scuffed up by wedding rings or something.

Thanks,

-Mike

maxnix
Car: 1995 Infiniti Q45
1995 Infiniti Q45t
2000 Infiniti Q45

http://www.wheelskins.com

Please don't go WalMart like a recently featured car. Oh, the tackiness!

Q45denver
Car: 1995 Q45t 1990 Q45 1998 Nissan Frontier

You can buy the leather (or SEM vinyl dye) in spray cans that comes pretty close. There are several mail order companies that will color match if you provide a sample. There are also several water based dyes available for leather that are commonly brushed on. Outside of having an exact match, you should probably use the stuff in the spray cans (easier to blend in) and plan do the entire seat or at least the entire front surface. You should remove the seats to do this or you will end up making a big mess. I'm not sure how big of a job it would be to remove the seats. You can probably mask the area around the steering wheel without taking it off. The dye is not cheap and you'll probably need several cans. It might be easier to just have a professional do it for you. Just don't expect it to hold up as long as the original since your leather is already cracked and worn.

Jesda

For the steering wheel, a black cover is the most subtle. This cost me $15:

Leatherique is highly regarded, and capable of fixing some tears. I think a kit is $50.

redmanfx
Car: 92 Q45a

Use dye for coloring leather not vinyl paint or colored conditioner.

go to http://www.autoupholsterykits.com for a company that does Q45 stuff in your part of the country. Ron Fryer owns it. Give him a call at (360) 574-8070 and ask some questions about getting dye or having him fix your seats.

red

louiegz
Car: 2003 BMW 330i, 2007 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

Jamesmost has a good leather wheel cover in his Q. Looks a little like Jes's but it's stiched on so it looks more OEM. Ask him.

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”