Leather on Drivers door rest is coming off along with another problem.

The Nissan Versa Tech Discussion forum is the place to discuss Versa performance modifications and maintenance.
wochka
Car: 1.8 SL

Well, as it turns out, they didn't replace the whole door panel. It is only the armrests that they replaced.

casionerd
Car: 2014 Nissan Versa Note

This happened to my car. I live in Oklahoma. I took it to the dealership and was told by the service writer that they have had several of these and that Nissan is providing complete new door panels. I got it replaced. Then noticed that the technician that installed the new panel slightly ripped the armrest material in a different location so I had them replace it again. It really was no problem either time.

I asked the service writer if they could just replace the armrest and he said that they couldn't find just that part so they're replacing the whole door card. (?)

No dealership should give you a hard time about this. It's obviously something Nissan's aware of. It should be fixed under warranty.

wochka
Car: 1.8 SL

casionerd wrote:This happened to my car. I live in Oklahoma. I took it to the dealership and was told by the service writer that they have had several of these and that Nissan is providing complete new door panels. I got it replaced. Then noticed that the technician that installed the new panel slightly ripped the armrest material in a different location so I had them replace it again. It really was no problem either time.

I asked the service writer if they could just replace the armrest and he said that they couldn't find just that part so they're replacing the whole door card. (?)

No dealership should give you a hard time about this. It's obviously something Nissan's aware of. It should be fixed under warranty.
Well, Is there any way I can give Nissan my feedback about the dealer and how they treated me? The dealership (I think, not Nissan) called me the other day and did a phone survey with me. I said that I was very unhappy at first, but at the end I was happy (So I'm sure she marked down "Customer satisfied" or something).

But I agree completely, it was ridiculous that I had to fight with them to get them to fix an obvious flaw. At one point I was told "That is a kind of thing that isn't covered under warranty, like brake pads. Someone could go through brake pads in a few thousand miles." Except I don't think an armrest on a car with 8000 miles is comparable to a device used to stop an object that weighs more than a ton. Anyway, I am mostly just happy that it finally all got sorted out.

NODES
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa SL (Blue)

I really do not see these cars lasting that long cosmetically, engine might but everything else around it will crumble sort of like the 90's Honda's and their rust.

StockVersa

mine was coming off, I took it to maple nissan in vaughan (where i always take my versa) and they ordered me a new arm rest under warrantee, also my cup holder in the rear seat popped out and they ordered me in a new one of those free as well. anybody in the gta, i recommend maple nissan, they have been very good to me, way better than Doner nissan in newmarket where i bought the car, will never go back there.

Bubs daddy
Car: 2007 Versa SL
ABS, CVT

Mine looks great after almost three years. Interior is in outstanding shape. When cleaned looks almost new.

NODES

Bubs daddy wrote:Mine looks great after almost three years. Interior is in outstanding shape. When cleaned looks almost new.
does not look like you drive it much.

I have put on 15, 000 Miles in 8 mths.

iluvmyVersa08
Car: 2008 SL Sport

NODES wrote:
I have put on 15, 000 Miles in 8 mths.
WOW, that is a lot of miles in such a short time.I drive mine almost every day to work, etc, and I have just under 26,000 kms after 18 months of ownership. Like Bubs Daddy, when mine is cleaned up, the interior and exterior look brand new Love it.

NODES

iluvmyVersa08 wrote:
WOW, that is a lot of miles in such a short time.I drive mine almost every day to work, etc, and I have just under 26,000 kms after 18 months of ownership. Like Bubs Daddy, when mine is cleaned up, the interior and exterior look brand new Love it.
it is a car so it is build to be driven

StockVersa

wow 15000 miles, you want a cookie?

NODES

StockVersa wrote:wow 15000 miles, you want a cookie?
I will take the cookie on a plaque

aricbeemer

Wow haven't checked this post in along time. And thanks guys!!!

FirstNissanVersa
Car: 2009 Nissan Versa

The vinyl on both my front seat arm rests have been coming off slowly over the past 2-3 years. It looks awful. Went to the dealer once for it and they recommended an upholstery shop in town. Sounds like I'm not the only one with this problem. I don't think it's the humidity either, even though I live in Florida. I have owned many cars in my lifetime and never has an armrest come unglued. Is there a recall yet? I have a 2009 Nissan Versa, how long does the warranty cover? Thx!

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

Welcome to NicoClub. If you look at a post by someone, you'll see a date and time in the upper left corner. This is a 7 year old thread, so responses might not be what you hope for.

Feel free to introduce yourself in the general forum, maybe share a bit about your car or something interesting.

I've been to Florida, it is freaking humid! I'm not sure how any adhesive would work there, but apparently some do. :)

You'll have to figure out if you have a warranty or not (I'd start in the glovebox). For recalls, Nissan has a website and you can plug in your VIN to see what recalls are out there for your car. I haven't heard of any upholstery recalls. But there's springs and airbags and such. Here is a link:
http://www.nissanusa.com/recalls-vin#/

I hope your Versa is working out well for you, other than the upholstery. My wife and I really like ours.

Return to “Versa Technical Discussions”