Leaks

Dedicated to the G37 Convertible. This forum is for convertible-only content that is NOT covered in the other G-Series forums.
bonedoc
Car: G37 Convertible S

Just had our first rain in Southern Ca. Had a leak at the join between the front of the convertible roof and the side window. Dealer replaced the roof seal and it now leaks on both sides in the same area. They now say they cant find the leak in the shop (with a pressure hose) and seem lost. Any suggestions??

Poyzinous
Car: 2004 G35x Premium 1976 Classic Red 36 inch #18 Radio Flyer Wagon...

First off, welcome to nico, and go bolts!If the dealer couldn't replicate a leak with a pressure hose, but you get it under rain, thats odd... After (or while) it rains, look for where the leaks are and place a little masking tape on the area and then go to the dealer, they will be able to find the culprit quicker that way. Its impossible to get perfection out of such a complicated RHT roof, but leaks should not exist under normal conditions.

Rondog
Car: 2009 G37S Convertible

The dealer had trouble finding our roof leak. We had one between the windshield and roof on the passenger side. I believe that when you are driving down the highway, the stress on the windshield causes a slight shift in the seal which allows water to seep in. Anyway, they took several tries before they fixed it.

bonedoc

Thanks for the suggestions. They had the car for a week and could not find the leak with pressure washers or in the car wash on multiple attempts. Also had the factory rep try to no avail. So i'm waiting for the next rain to see what happens.

bschurr
Car: 2009 G37S 6MT Conv

Rondog wrote:The dealer had trouble finding our roof leak. We had one between the windshield and roof on the passenger side. I believe that when you are driving down the highway, the stress on the windshield causes a slight shift in the seal which allows water to seep in. Anyway, they took several tries before they fixed it.
hmmmmm - interesting & this has me now thinking...

More likely the pressure difference caused by wind moving quickly over the roof during driving causing a low pressure area which can then allow water to enter the seam.

cmesurf
Car: Infinitis, 03 FX35, 07 g35 sedan, 05 FX45, 09 G-vert & 14 Q50S Hybrid AWD

The leak because roof & gaskets seam may have foreign material and causing water getting sucked at those areas.. lubricate the seals....

bonedoc

Sounds like the same area as mine. I'm not sure if mine is fixed yet but were expecting rain this week so I,ll let you know

cmesurf

So far I have not experiencing any leaks but the whole week of rain may bring out the issue...will keep u all posted...

cmesurf

I would keep my convertible away from the heavy rain... but so far no leaks...

bonedoc

Well it rained today and my car leaked like a sieve. I took it to the dealer (Kearny Mesa of San Diego) and the general manger told me it was my responsibility to call Infinity customer service to get it fixed. How's that for service!!!

cmesurf

Kearny Mesa, San Diego - shame on them.Call their Service manager or the General Manager ....at least complaint

I think you should call Infiniti Customer Service and take your car else where

Call Infiniti Customer Service 800.662.6200 and go register at Total ownership at Infiniti Web site and write an email Infiniti Consumer Affairs.

Take your business to another dealer.

cmesurf

I just thought of getting action out of the Dealer- got to following place and put your opinion at Yelp: They have bad rating no wonder

http://www.yelp.com/biz/kearny...diego

Return to “G37 Convertible Forum”