Leaking windows?

Dedicated to the G37 Convertible. This forum is for convertible-only content that is NOT covered in the other G-Series forums.
KatB84
Car: 2010 G37 Convertible

Has anyone else had an issue with the windows leaking? I've had my 2010 G37 Convertible for about 6 months now. I've noticed a few times while washing it that I'll see a few drops on the inside of the window on the drivers side. While driving through a storm this morning I noticed a leak on the passenger side window. Nothing major, but enough for a few drops to hit the seat and door. I'm hoping this is a quick fix for the dealer, but wanted to see if anyone had any experience with this.
Thanks!

bschurr
Car: 2009 G37S 6MT Conv

Never had a leak but I have heard of several others that did. Should be an easy fix at the dealer.
Good luck.

PS - welcome & post up some details about your Vert

KatB84
Car: 2010 G37 Convertible

Thanks for the info and the welcome. I'm not overly concerned about the leak since the car is parked indoors all day, but we're about to get into the rainy season so I'd rather get it fixed sooner rather than later.

Here's a quick pic... I don't have any others right now. It's a 2010, Black on Black with Premium, Navi and Performance Tires.

Fezzik
Car: 2010 G37 Vert w/ stage 1 GTM supercharger

Dealer should be able to fix this with no problems.

Cobra_Kai_84
Car: 2009 G37S convertible - Athens Blue/Graphite, Premium, Sport, Nav, rear deck spoiler

I actually had a pretty decent leak on my driver side window (just above the small speaker closest to the side mirror). Rain was coming in more than just a few drops. I brought it into the dealer and they found that the weather strip was deformed and they replaced it with a new one. No more leaks now, but it doesn't rain here in the desert too often :chuckle:

I have had my vert for almost two years, and that was the first leak that I found. Should be an easy fix

cmesurf
Car: Infinitis, 03 FX35, 07 g35 sedan, 05 FX45, 09 G-vert & 14 Q50S Hybrid AWD

Cobra_Kai_84 wrote:I actually had a pretty decent leak on my driver side window (just above the small speaker closest to the side mirror). Rain was coming in more than just a few drops. I brought it into the dealer and they found that the weather strip was deformed and they replaced it with a new one. No more leaks now, but it doesn't rain here in the desert too often :chuckle:

I have had my vert for almost two years, and that was the first leak that I found. Should be an easy fix
There's an ITB10-070 November 11,2010. 2009 – 2011 G37 CONVERTIBLE; WATER LEAK AT WINDSHIELD HEADER to fix this issues. :bigthumb:

SteveTheTech
Car: 15 Sentra SR
12 G37x Coupe
-Formerly-
05 Mazda 6 L3 Sport, 95 J30, 94 D22

There are all kinds of ways water can get inside on the convertible.

If it only happens with high volume rain and from that front leading edge of a window I would look at adjustment of the window. No biggie, over time they seem to settle in a bit. It only takes .5mm to let some water in.

Here are a few pics from one of the last adjustments I did.
ImageImage
cmesurf wrote: There's an ITB10-070 November 11,2010. 2009 – 2011 G37 CONVERTIBLE; WATER LEAK AT WINDSHIELD HEADER to fix this issues. :bigthumb:
Good find,

I think that one requires the water to be leaking from the seal. It's the type of thing you would know if you saw it.

Return to “G37 Convertible Forum”