Lazy eye install..

ONLY for ADVANCED technical discussion about the 240sx!
stretch240sx

hey i just bought a pilot lazy eye headlight controler from auto imaging. seems like its gonna be a cool little touch.

ok heres the stuff. one it says that you get a air intake temp gauge, which you dont get (negative). its small then my controler down stairs:help :rolleyes (positive). the instructions are in japanese. and the ones they include are like copies of copies of copies. so its bsicly imposible to read(negative)

well thats what i got to say on it nows my question...

has anyone bought these and can you give me some help:help :help

89sxRCR
Car: destroying self esteem

noooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!! Its too bad you bought those, obviously you didnt see my thread on the previous forum boards about it... Its not what your going to expect. You cant adjust the lights when thier on, only when thier off. So that means no sleepy eyes at night. I have the website with the wiring in english, it took me forever to find one and its pretty damn hard, specially with the air gauge. I got mine direct order from japan company, so i dont know if you got ripped or not. The wiring is for an rx-7 but it translates it all and should be right, mine "works" even though it doesnt do much... not worth 80 bucks in my opinion. The site: http://students.uwf.edu/jkd1/sleepy.html

stretch240sx

so no sleeping at night? well thats lame. yeah i think im jsut gonna go take it to a mobile electric place and have em install it when i get some other stuff done...

im to scared ill f*uck somehting up and have no head lights:rolleyes

89sxRCR

one thing they might have trouble with and not understand and they might tell you its broken: when installed you have to adjust the pivot to the angle you want with the lights DOWN. then you flick on your lights, then off, and the eyes instead of closing all the way will go to the preset angle. It doesnt say anywhere on the instructions how it works, and it took me ****ing forever and i took it to my auto import store and it took them like 20 mins to find out how it worked ; good luck:)

stretch240sx

ok thanks for the tips...

rbboyl

What exactly is the "sleepy eye" look?

ST240
Car: RB30DET s13
01' Pathy

drift style ;)

You know the put up lights are half up.

-Andre

ST240
01' Pathy

Instead of buying that get this

http://www.autoimaging.com/all%20round/180_01.jpg

:)

-Andre

FrEaK
Car: Boosted D21 Pickup

The sleepy eye look also allows air to get in through that crack that is exposed when you put it in sleep eye mode... alloweing more air to hit you intake....

skydragoness
Car: 03' 350z Touring 6spd
92' 240sx 60k survivor :)

hey, i want to get one of those kits, i'm starting to have my reservations now, wasn't there a thread somewhere, about how adjust your headlights' height manually? I remember it sounding trickier than buying the actual kit, but it's free. Hmmmm.....

ST 240, yeah those dual lamps are nice, but sure as hell ain't worth $500+

ST240
01' Pathy

sure they are, they have that low profile look while still being functional :p

FrEaK

Sky.... to do it manually go to the FAQ section in www240sx.org .... its in there

stretch240sx

yeah st240 those are a cool idea but it wouldnt be if your just starting to put stuff on your car... 600 bucks are put to better use on something like an intake or exausht...

Two-Forty

I acutally went to look at the FAQ on headlights 2/3 up, the person who wrote that aren't even sure of whats he putting down, using words like I guess I don't know. Will someone please have a step by step guide where their SURE?!

FrEaK

LOL that sig is funny..

pingkamikaze
Car: drifting

Just set your lights how you want them with the manual control under the hood (see owner's manual). and disconnect the wires to the headlight motors. Lazy eyes all the time! Don't cry to me when you get a ticket at night.:)

89sxRCR

BUY THE PIVOT AND DONT GHETTO YOUR LIGHTS. if you want sleepy eyes and dont know how to make your own to save a few bucks your pretty much SOL unless you want to reconnect your lights at night every day....

Zebrahead
Car: cars, basketball, girls, fishing

Uh, no to the sleepy eyes. No to the retarded Integra type lights. And somehow I doubt sleepy eyes let in more air to the intake. I thought we had this convo already with the eyelid slits?

Nick.

FrEaK

They absolutly DO bring in more air to your intake... its been proven...

Two-Forty

theres no way to do the lazy eye install yourself, I mean without any kit? has anyone done this and they have no trouble with the headlight going up and down? I want the lazy eye look too, but I don't wanna spend 85 dollas for that kit.

89sxRCR

zebrahead, you dont know what the hell your talking about. You can SEE where the air comes in with the lazy eyes, and its proven an increase in cold air coming to the intake... now with your intelligent conjecture (I somehow doubt) its obvious you have spent NO time researching this. NO to the retarded zebrahead. And two-forty, you are correct, there is no way right now (unless you invent one) For homemade sleepy eyes to work correctly up and down. If you want it bad enough youl get the pivot.

Zebrahead

There was a product for sale that someone was asking about a few months ago that replaced the outside of your lights, and they had slits in them. I forgot what they're called. The overwhelming majority agreed they do absolutely nothing. I don't even think it was on this board. How is the sleepy eye any different?

You're right, I don't have very much knowledge on this very subject, but it seems to me like the usages of both methods/products would yeild the same effect, thereby making the sleepy eyes useless. Even if there was a gain, it would be so marginal; a few degrees wouldn't do much for horsepower.

If you say its been PROVEN, then lets see the proof.

Basically: I'll believe it when I see a couple dyno slips.

Nick.

FrEaK

Why dont you research it?

I dont want the friggin thing, your the one whos asking... I have given you the info you need and your going to reject it? Thats fine is not my fuking car... i dont have to prove anything to you, cuz i've seen it before, we are trying to help you not do the work for you... besides if it isn't obvious enuff that it makes more power maybe you shouldn't be modding your car at all.....

some people are so ungrateful...

Two-Forty

that sucks....

Zebrahead

Who said I wanted it? I think they're ugly. I'm just saying that I won't believe it until I see proof any gains.

Nick.

89sxRCR

No ones going to hand you the info, you want to know, you find it. But just assuming its the same as another product (that iv never heard of) just makes an a.ss out of U and ME.

ps I think YOUR ugly

FrEaK

LOL 89

Good so we dont have to prove it...

This discussion is over...

Two-Forty

well I just wanna say for the record if anyone finds a way to to do it urself, where no problems occurs please let me know...

sil80drifter
Car: 1990 240SX Hatch

ahem....douche bags....stop arguing over nothing.(not trying to offend either party, just telling you to stop whoring the thread)You can make your own pop up light kit with a capacitor and a relay and a little knowledge of electronics. The people on this forum seem to be pretty smart, and I think someone will figure out exactly how to do it, or maybe take apart that 85 dollar thing and see hwo they did it. I will try to make my own kit in 2 weeks, if all goes well I'll prolly sell it for like 20 bucks+shipping, and instructions will be very easy to follow (I kind of have it planned out already, and I have a electronics guy helping me out on the design, it is not too complicated).

sil80drifter

Two-Forty

yea let me know man..

Return to “240SX Technical Forum”