launching my car

Blast down the 1320? Love the 1/8 mile action? Here's your forum.
a100pureplayaz
Car: 1993 infiniti J30T SOLD 1995 Nissan 240sx sr20det redtop

ok i have a 95 240sx se just wanted a quick refrence s13 sr redtop 264 cams 15 lbs. boost exedy racing stage 1 clutch greddy R.A.S. comectic gasket w/arp studs ok i recentley put hoosier quick time tires on 9.5inch i wanted to know how much air should i have in the tires? and what rpm would you guys suggest launching out and should i go with slipping the clutch or dumping it? should i have to worry about my rear taking a dump on me or my axels at the track if i dump it? or should it hold up?

rb25drag
Car: 1990 Nissan 240SX 5.3 Chevy + 60mm turbo + blow threw carb.

What Rear end do you have?

Those slicks are prob going to slow you down more than help you. The smaller slick you can go with and get traction the better it will run. Most 240"s are doing well on a 8.5 et street..

As for pressure It will vary, You want the tire to get a full rotation before catching traction and hooking, Otherwise your going to risk breaking an axle or Driveshaft, and it will also bog your motor down.

Slipping the clutch will help you keep from breaking an axle, But if you don't do it right it will cause you to burn your clutch up.

Im not familiar with the sr's and wat RPM to launch at. But I can tell you I launch my rb25 @ 5500 off a 2 step launch control on the Stock rear end welded to a full posi and I cut 1.6 60ft's pretty easy.

Good luck

a100pureplayaz
Car: 1993 infiniti J30T SOLD 1995 Nissan 240sx sr20det redtop

stock se rear no type of launch control yet looking for a aem ems soon but thats in some time just trying to see the best i can pull outta her going to try slipping her pretty new clutch hope slipping it 3 times wont be overkill any other ideas?

rb25drag
Car: 1990 Nissan 240SX 5.3 Chevy + 60mm turbo + blow threw carb.

If I was you I would Prob change rear ends. he Stock Limited slip wont do you much good unless you have it welded to a full posi which sucks as a DD. Look into a LSd.

WDRacing
Car: 95 240SX, 99 BMW 540i, 01 Chevy Express, 14 Ford Escape

My stock VLSD does quite well, no need to change the rear end until you're doing the one wheel peel because yo've smoked the clutches.

The best way to launch is to practice, as gay as that sounds. There are simply to many variables, far more then just rpm. If you have a two step or other, are you on boost? If so how much? If no noost then you have to vary your launch on things like weather. The type of clutch also plpays a big role, some are on/off type, some allow for some slip.

I have a SPEC stg 4, love it. Lets me have a little slip if needed. But I usually drop it and pray, vary the rpms depending on traction.

My next wheel/tire combo is 275/60 R15 FTW

BTW, I also have a 95 SE

WD

Return to “Nissan Drag Racing Forum”