Launching Altima 3.5 Automatic

Blast down the 1320? Love the 1/8 mile action? Here's your forum.
NECC
Car: 05 Altima 3.5SE

Does anyone know how i can reduce my 60' in an Auto. I'm getting terrible times 2.2 2.3 The cars running strong I'm running [email protected]. I just cant get a solid launch. Ive tried preloading the torque converter while holding the brake but nothing really seems to matter.

gammer_ghn

because you don't and shouldn't lunch on a auto tranny.... IF so get a damn stick!

Hussain
Car: 08 Altima Coupe 3.5se CVT

what mods do you have? thats a pretty good time.... stock i did a 14.4 @ 99 MPH in my 2008 Altima coupe 3.5se with a CVT tranny.... my best 1/4 mile was a 13.912 @ 99.xx MPH with my muffler unbolted lol what i usually do is pull up the E-brake and do a burn out to heat up the tires. then when i'm going to launch i step on the brake and gas to get the RPMs up to almost 3,000 and then just let off the brake with my foot all the way on the gas...... it's been a while since i took it to the track so i dont remember my 60ft and on vacation with my timeslips at home

rb25drag
Car: 1990 Nissan 240SX 5.3 Chevy + 60mm turbo + blow threw carb.

gammer_ghn wrote:because you don't and shouldn't lunch on a auto tranny.... IF so get a damn stick!
r u serious? have u ever been to a drag race? 99.99% of the cars out there is auto and if you think a stick shift is going to cut his 60ft down then ur dead wrong.first we need a little info. is the car spinning out of the gate? are you on street tires? etc.my guess is if your spinning upgrade to a drag radial. if your hooking then you are going to need more tq to get it any lower. a small 50shot would get you there. the best way to launch it is going to be on the converter.

Return to “Nissan Drag Racing Forum”